what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

I have a proper mixture screwdriver turning up at my mates hotel in the states. Well not his hotel, but they are on holiday. http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0229 I'm looking forward to getting it. It even clicks at every 16th of a turn :D

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:I have a proper mixture screwdriver turning up at my mates hotel in the states. Well not his hotel, but they are on holiday. http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0229 I'm looking forward to getting it. It even clicks at every 16th of a turn :D

nice . will you have enough clearance to get in to the front carb as the carb rubber clamp is in the way

i just made one out of an old speedo cable (not pretty but works ) and it was free :lol: :lol:
they do make it a lot easier to change the setting :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Should be as I have moved the clamp round a tad as well. I have a similar screwdriver at the moment from carbtune but the clearance height is more. A bit like the cheap angle carb screwdrivers the bay sells. This one should do the trick nicely. I also asked Motion pro tech department as well, and they said as long as it's not the D type then it should be OK. I have searched high and low for a screwdriver that works with such small clearances and apart from the £250 Honda tool 8O that particular motion pro one is the only one that will work.

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:Should be as I have moved the clamp round a tad as well. I have a similar screwdriver at the moment from carbtune but the clearance height is more. A bit like the cheap angle carb screwdrivers the bay sells. This one should do the trick nicely. I also asked Motion pro tech department as well, and they said as long as it's not the D type then it should be OK. I have searched high and low for a screwdriver that works with such small clearances and apart from the £250 Honda tool 8O that particular motion pro one is the only one that will work.

the honda tool is crap it dont fit in the space i know as my honda spanner man has one .
he rounded the head on the front carb trying to get it on :Ball Kick:
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

scott02464 wrote:
seb421 wrote:
scott02464 wrote:Thanks for that mate, im deffo going to have a play around with them and get to know what's what hands on.

Iv got a carb balancer too so that will come in handy, already fitted my hoses in place for ease of balancing.

Once Iv stripped them down for the first time I wouldn't mind, like you say, and start experimenting with different jets, I have blue flames on and wouldn't mind eventually getting a piper cross/k+n filter.
I have a a k&N for sale 30 quid delivered mainland uk mate, just needs a clean

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
That sounds good to me mate, will I need to get anything else (other than re-jetting) to fit it?
Hey dude just seen the for sale thread. And it needs the rubber bits, so I'll leave it for now mate and don't need it yet anyway, thought it was a complete job lot filter :-)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Are you sure you are reading the right post or not misread it. http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 34#p213619

Sebs saying he has the rubber blocks required to use it. :thumbup:

TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

er.....
finished fitting high level renegades, and led indicators and tail light and gave it a clean and polish
seb421

Post by seb421 »

scott02464 wrote:
scott02464 wrote:
seb421 wrote:
I have a a k&N for sale 30 quid delivered mainland uk mate, just needs a clean

That sounds good to me mate, will I need to get anything else (other than re-jetting) to fit it?
Hey dude just seen the for sale thread. And it needs the rubber bits, so I'll leave it for now mate and don't need it yet anyway, thought it was a complete job lot filter :-)
It has the Rubber bits required with it?

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
templ8

Post by templ8 »

Fitted a datatool digi gear indicator (im always trying to change up to 7th lol).

Waiting for my bargain airbox so i can fit a second long stack. It also comes with a k&n so may have a dabble with that. Not bad for £20 delivered :lol:
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Looks very nice TonyW.

Wrong colour, but the exhausts look good :biggrin

I seem to have suffered a bit of corrosion... Very localised... Just the baffles...

Other side seems lose too :wink:

Don't worry, this "corrosion" didn't happen to my original cans, only to the spare set I have... Which I've decided to swap over to for some reason...
Yes, had to try it after swapping just one... F*ck me it's loud even on tickover... Can't wait to swap the other and take it for a spin.
Now where are my ear plugs?

Oh, ignore the hammer on the floor, nothing to do with anything.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tankslappa wrote:Looks very nice TonyW.

Wrong colour, but the exhausts look good :biggrin

I seem to have suffered a bit of corrosion... Very localised... Just the baffles...

Other side seems lose too :wink:

Don't worry, this "corrosion" didn't happen to my original cans, only to the spare set I have... Which I've decided to swap over to for some reason...
Yes, had to try it after swapping just one... F*ck me it's loud even on tickover... Can't wait to swap the other and take it for a spin.
Now where are my ear plugs?

Oh, ignore the hammer on the floor, nothing to do with anything.
Good job Tankslappa, you will be more than happy with the aural experience I'm sure.

You should get down the toolshop mate, looks as if your in need of a bigger hammer!

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

As expected, the other baffle was just as badly corroded...

Sounds f*cking great though! Maybe a little too loud (is this possible).

Normally toddling in traffic I might get the car in front moving over to let me past, now I get the next three cars moving over!

Lovely off throttle burble too. Just gotta tidy up those rough edges inside.

Found a Mac sized hammer too.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tankslappa wrote:As expected, the other baffle was just as badly corroded...

Sounds f*cking great though! Maybe a little too loud (is this possible).

Normally toddling in traffic I might get the car in front moving over to let me past, now I get the next three cars moving over!

Lovely off throttle burble too. Just gotta tidy up those rough edges inside.

Found a Mac sized hammer too.
Much better.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I didn't think it would take long before either you done that or bought some aftermarkets. :lol:

Good job :thumbup:

slipper 1

Post by slipper 1 »

Is that hammer part of the original honda toolkit ? Had a look in mine and didnt see one :biggrin