bad news....

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: bad news....

Post by agentpineapple »

where do you guys keep finding my personal photo's :lol:
i'm going to have a beer in a minute.... :beer:
scott i was wearing jeans with a leather jacket, i have leather trousers but i'm just to big for them, i'm on a diet already tho :lol:
i won't ride much in jeans again thats for sure, to think i was going 15mph max, it doesn't bare thinking about what would happen if you slid at 40/50 mph :eh:
ride safe everyone and keep an eye open for gravel/diesel/oil on the roads :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Murv

Post by Murv »

Like I say mate, I have mirrors here. If you need one, let me know and I'll pop it in the post for you, just pm me an address :) They're bog standard ones, but in reasonable nick

EDIT: Only snag is they're off my Silver bike so, obviously, if you fit one to your O/S there's a danger your bike will pull to the left, what with having such a fast mirror on the O/S but as long as you're willing to gamble on it...
Last edited by Murv on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scott02464

bad news....

Post by scott02464 »

Yeah I often go out in jeans if I'm just nipping out somewhere.

I know I shouldn't but sometimes it just seems a massive faf getting all me gear on to nip to morrisons ha!

Plus in my experience at work, leathers just hold your body together..... A bit like a built in body bag doh!

Although if I had to slide on me butt I'd like a pair of leathers on lol!

Glad your ok anyway Marty!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yeah I often go out in jeans if I'm just nipping out somewhere.
Me too, Guilty as charged. I know what you mean about a built in body bag though. I have considered getting some Kevlar jeans for those purposes when going out somewhere but don't want to be dressed like a biker. I guess it's just the luck of the draw really and a risk every time one goes out on a bike.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I now use the Kevlar lined Draggin jeans for those days where leathers would be overkill, but I still can't get armour in there so no significant impact protection, but they are well rated for abrasion protection in a slide,

Also invested in some short boots so I have reasonable ankle and foot protection, but still ok to walk round when you get to town.
AMcQ
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Marty.
Sorry to hear of your off mate. hope you OK. The bike can be fixed or replaced with a bit of cash..
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Oooops! feckin shame mate after all the work done getting it up and running!! atleast you walked away bud :thumbup: got a set of mirrors you can have for P&P :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

thanks for the offers of mirrors murv and marra.
i might take one of you guys up on it, i will only need one o/s mirror tho :thumbup:
the wounds to my right leg have started to heal over, the scab is massive, it looks like a chunk of doner kebab at the moment :lol:
still the sun is shining and its going to be 35 degrees again today, i just wish i could go in the pool but i doubt it would be wise with my wounds... :wink:
heres a little list of jobs to do on my return.....
mend and respray o/s fairing and lower
replace r&g fork protector
paint over the c/f engine cover for now
i need a new mirror and indicator
i need to buy some crash bungs for the frame as well.
check and repair the exhaust where needed
i will have to check the rad and fairing brackets
bend rear brake pedal back into shape hopefully

from the brief check of the bike i did before leaving, the petrol tank looked ok, i'm still glad i never had my new one on tho,that would have been heart breaking :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have some indicators here mate. Don't jump in the pool, jump in the sea. Lots of lovely salt water will do the wounds the world of good. :roll: I don't want to know about the weather there thanks. :evil: There's more floods over here again.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Boubepo

Post by Boubepo »

Are you in Spain now? by any chance Marty? If so PM me and maybe we can meet up for a beer and drowned our VTR bad luck stories
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Boubepo wrote:Are you in Spain now? by any chance Marty? If so PM me and maybe we can meet up for a beer and drowned our VTR bad luck stories
hi mate
yes i'm in spain at the mo, unfortunately i'm up north near salou, otherwise i would love to meet up for a cerveza o tres :lol:
i thought you guys on the rock were going to be spainish ruled in the future :wink:
when i get back, i'll have a couple of days to get the bike sorted for the thunderbikes at brands, it will be functional rather than beautiful a bit like myself :Eyebrows:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Murv

Post by Murv »

PM me an address and I'll get that mirror in the post for you in the next few days :thumbup:
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

:lol: :lol: :lol: you need a enduro marty like me :)
Loud pipes save lives!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigspanishmarty wrote: functional rather than beautiful a bit like myself :Eyebrows:
OK I just cant resist this one.....it's begging for it......

Pray tell in what way exactly do you consider yourself functional ??

The''rather than'' bit I can well understand the spell check is playing up again...I think that should read

''Dysfunctional rather than beautiful a bit like myself really'' :lol: :lol:

+ 1 on the sea for your scabs, best thing for 'em..

BSM.... sun, sea & scabs!
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I think you're being a little unkind there Mac. I'm sure Marty would make a superb door stop or draught excluder, errr, yeah that's about it really!
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF