Ktm crf husky which one

General Bike chat
Vtrkidda

Ktm crf husky which one

Post by Vtrkidda »

hello chaps storm is now sold well a deposit taken ive got around £2300 in cash to buy a enduro bike a light one as ill be going in some dodgy places :lol:

Ive now chosen 3 makes a honda CRF ,KTM, or HUSQVARNA would like a 4 stroke but would be willing to do a 2T

Any advice would be ggggggggreat

Ive had a xr400 didnt realy like it Well i did like it but a bit dated now its more of a trail bike , I dont like the Drz or kdx what else is out there :thumbup:

Brrrrum bruuuum im going to break my neck :lol: :lol:
Loud pipes save lives!
AMCQ46

Re: Ktm crf husky which one

Post by AMCQ46 »

GasGas, both the 450 4t or the 200 or 300 2T are worth a look.
if the going is tough I would only ever want a 2 stroke, and a small one at that it is lighter and easy to start, so at the end of a long day, you are still riding it, not it riding you. Also the cost of fixing a 2nd hand 2T is low, but a well thrashed 4T will be very expensive to fix.

regarding your short list, I never tried the CRF or the Husky, but but I have had some big fun in Spain on the KTM450s and Beta 450 [same engine].
AMcQ
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

So for short journeys and mad terrain you think 2t will be best i have seen a few gg250 ill like the look of and cheaper than the ktm now im more confused :crazy: :lol:

I have seen a ktm 200 exc egs no pre mix has its own oil tank for the 2t oil its a bit older than i wanted 2001 but he will deliver for a ok price and its just had new rings tyres ect... :think:

What years your gas gas is it for sale :x :lol: :thumbup:
Loud pipes save lives!
Z28DUNC

Post by Z28DUNC »

Ive now chosen 3 makes a honda CRF ,KTM, or HUSQVARNA
WRONG!

You need a nice XT600 with a unbaffled can like I used to have. Bloody loud (shotgun loud!). Plenty of grunt.

Here's what mine was like...

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Mine is a 2003 GasGas200, [yellow of course :D ] I have had it from new and just had a full top end rebuild, but not for sale as I wouldnt get that much for it cause its so old, but I know its history and I have fitted all the extras that I wanted to make it my ideal Green Lane / hare & hounds tool [even though I dont use it just now, I know I will get back into dirt bikes and then end up spending loads more to get something to do the same].............but then nobody has made me an offer :)

I remember those oil pump KTMs, they only did a 200, and it was still rated as a good bike, but it will be pretty out dated even compared to mine [it had normal forks etc, where as mine has USD Marzocchi forks, Ohlins shock and Nissin brakes etc].

some dirty pictures to get you going

I think Lloydies house in in the background there, this was at Ryton MX track
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

thats my back garden that is lol (get of my land )-said in a Yorkshire ascent
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

:( :( now yove broke my heart i want one :wave: :thumbup: the ktm is a 2001 it has usd forks brand new black wheels orange hubs wavey davey disks ,new clear tank newer style plastcs fitted in the link just not sureif ill kill it :) :D :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KTM-EXC-200-E ... 4d02977d4a
Loud pipes save lives!
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

lloydiecbr wrote:thats my back garden that is lol (get of my land )-said in a Yorkshire ascent

Youve got some massive rocks in your garden plus nice view from theback go on sell it I like it is it a 2003 if you want to sell it im here :evil: :twisted:
Loud pipes save lives!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that looks tidy, I doubt you could kill it, they are close to Bomb Proof as long as you put good synthetic 2T oil in them and dont ride into rivers that go above the airbox top.

dont go above £2k, its his fault he put such nice extras on it!
AMcQ
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Nah he said 1800 and he will bring it to me :thumbup: still looking you have a pm offer I think :wave: :shifty:
Loud pipes save lives!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

tempted, I will have to think about it and see what they are worth [yes it has an MOT and tax disc] ............. I know I will be back onto greenlaning soon, just dont know when. Depends if my mate gets a new enduro bike soon or not, he is the reason I now have the trials bike as well!
AMcQ
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Dont be greedy :lol: :thumbup:
Loud pipes save lives!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

I had a 2004 CRF450 I raced, only bike I bought brand new too that, was a fantastic tool that bike

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Ro88o

Post by Ro88o »

hi there, i do quite a lot of offroading,and race in enduros regularly.. i and my ole boy have two 300 gasgas ec's for racing and a 250cc gasgas and a 530sixdays ktm in france for trailriding the twostrokes are much easier to ride fast in most conditions and have proven to be super reliable they will do decent mpg too!3hr race or all day trailriding 9.5l tank and enough power for anything besides, go for a model with Marzocchi and ohlins suspension.. i personally wouldnt buy a 2t ktm but i guess you only remember the bad ones and there are a hell of alot of ktms about!... so yep imo its gasgas from me!... we are hoping to open up our place in france and doing some bike hire trailriding type thing in the cussac area, some epic undisturbed trails. gilles lalle country :thumbup: