TT 2012

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

marlbororman

Re: TT 2012

Post by marlbororman »

Well im back home, shocking weather, just drying everything out. Came to parli square on foot, was staying round the corner at ballacloan footy stadium. didnt see anyone so went to swan pub for a few, then sat in central for a few more. saw some great racing. Viewed from central beer garden, quarry bends and braddon bridge ( the old ladies were very entertaining with their home made cakes :) ) Sorry i didnt get chance to meet up with anyone, but spent none race days sat in pub keeping dry lol. saw a few vtr`s passing by though. a black one, a few yellow ones. loads of sp1 and 2`s.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Glad every one made it home safe and sound. when I got home I just put it in the garage fully loaded and left it, didn't even unpack till yesterday, Will get round to cleaning it, today!

Crazy that we were no more than 30 miles from each other and we didn't manage to meet up, but with so much on at the TT its like hearding cats to get all your other mates sorted and ready to go.

Saw enough Storms, some with riders...any one see my yellow one with a black Moriwaki belly pan and blue tank tape on the rear plastics?
AMcQ
budd

Post by budd »

I actually braved the weather on mad sunday and turned up in parli' square at 11.30 2 other stroms there (both red and stickered up with fairing lowers) didn't see the riders though, overall a crap week for riding and racing , I'm glad we had the big Nissan to drive about in, the bikes were mostly left unused in the garage.
Still love the place though and we've just booked for the Manx GP hopfully we'll have better weather and the roads will be a bit less crowded, OK the mountain isn't one way for the manx but due to various accidents and diesel spills it was closed a lot anyway, big downer this year along with the weather were the amoung of big accidents, I can't imagine tipping into a turn at silly speed and finding a bin wagon on the way, which is exactly what happened to a group of riders at the end of the cronk', at least it would have been a quick ( pun unavoidable) way to go, judging by the markings on the roads it must of been horrific.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I was told the lad who hit the bin van was a local (island golf champion!) and worse than that it was a family member who was driving the van.....not a good outcome, :(
AMcQ
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

budd wrote:I actually braved the weather on mad sunday and turned up in parli' square at 11.30 2 other stroms there (both red and stickered up with fairing lowers) didn't see the riders though, overall a crap week for riding and racing , I'm glad we had the big Nissan to drive about in, the bikes were mostly left unused in the garage.
Still love the place though and we've just booked for the Manx GP hopfully we'll have better weather and the roads will be a bit less crowded, OK the mountain isn't one way for the manx but due to various accidents and diesel spills it was closed a lot anyway, big downer this year along with the weather were the amoung of big accidents, I can't imagine tipping into a turn at silly speed and finding a bin wagon on the way, which is exactly what happened to a group of riders at the end of the cronk', at least it would have been a quick ( pun unavoidable) way to go, judging by the markings on the roads it must of been horrific.
mine was the one with the white number boards, the fortuna one was my mates, we was down the road at the courthouse cafe filling our face's with a full english! :thumbup: after that we headed up over a very wet mountain!! :roll: shame we didnt meet up with anyone, dont think we're doing the TT next year, heading for warmer climates! proper road trip :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Have you dried out yet then Marra? I bloody glad I wasn't camping
AMcQ
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

AMCQ46 wrote:Have you dried out yet then Marra? I bloody glad I wasn't camping
:lol: yeh just about mate! got ratted in the clubhouse one nite and left me boots outside the tent! had to poor the water out of em the following morning! :evil: :roll: heading for france/spain next yr :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Back in one piece and not in a box wooohoooo loved the TT even with the (weather) have to go again next year... :D :D :D :D
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

so go on then.... on the island, not on the way there and back.... how many miles did you do. :think:

5? 25? if you managed 50 miles i'd be impressed cos you must have spent some time queueing up lol :lol:

thats the reason i swore id never bother taking a bike over there again.
apart from getting my bike wrecked on the ferry.
yeh its great craic but you cant get on the road proper, plod everywhere, too many nobheads think theyre mcguiness and be honest... how many races did you see? 2? 3?? :roll:

do yourself favour, next time you go, do some green laning. leave the bike at home, go as a foot passenger or fly over, save your ferry dosh and rent a off roader instead.
better buzz going for a beer on the night covered in mud :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

marravtr wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote: heading for france/spain next yr :wink:
germany & austria mate, waaay better roads, and no cameras. :thumbup:

thts where i'll be going anyway. :wave:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

141 miles :D was out early no queuing,,saw loads of greenlaners looks like the best way to get around and loads of fun :D :D :D
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Benny,
I know what you mean, there was some scary bad riding out there [and that is saying something as I have ridden with you :lol: ], and the number of bikes out there is way too much for the size of the roads. But riding the Glen Helen to Kirkmichael section and the mountain almost makes it worth it if you get a quiet time. But you need to watch your mirrors as much as you need to watch whats infront of you. I only did 4 full laps of the TT course!

But I did get through 3 tanks of petrol on the island, but we went down to the bottorm of the island [played on the Southern 100 course, and visited all the towns down there ]and also moved round the inside of the course on practice & race days to watch from various places. the last track to get to Balaugh Bridge from the inside is bit rough for a big road bike, but I rode it stood up and poping wheelies off every crest.........much to the amusements of the green lane boys who were watching.

I would hate to be there with no transport like Kev was, but I agree that you are better off with a monkey bike or a green laner............but it almost looks like there are too many dirt bikes out during TT week and soon all the same problems then start off road.

I watched all the races [till I left friday morning] and most of the practices [thursday & friday], and tried to see them from as many different places as I could :thumbup:

only pissed off that I didnt meet up with any of the stormers [with bikes, I did meet Kev the public transport expert :thumbup: ], and I didnt get to see any bands, but the rest exceeded my expectations.
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I only did 4 full laps of the TT course!
I would consider it an honour to do 1 :lol: :biggrin What a lovely thing to be able to do. I didn't realise that the public where allowed to go round the circuit. I take it that's at road legal speeds. :roll: I have never been but would love to go there one day. It sounds as if it's getting ruined by too many people and not the same vibe as the good old days. What's the crime rate like there on TT week or is it like anywhere there are large amounts of people. If camping is it best to travel light and take everything out with one on ride outs, or are there lock up's on site. The only problem with having the bike is that there is less :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cybercarl wrote: The only problem with having the bike is that there is less :beer:

(:-})
Credit card, toothbrush and a roll of bin bags. You'll manage. Oh, and some toilet paper.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Carl,
as the race track is all public roads, when it is not shut for racing you can ride round as long as you respect the speed limits.............the great thing about the Isle of Man is that outside of built up areas, it has no speed limits! The extra thing they do is make the mountain a one way road for the 2 weeks of TT public use, so you can use all the road and there is no speed limits..............but you need to take care who is behind you, and worry about what the rider you are about to oovertake will do........and you have to remember where the road goes!

but once you have done it you need a drink to calm down :D :beer:
AMcQ