Scratch Repair Pen

General Biker Banter
boz

Scratch Repair Pen

Post by boz »

Has anyone had any experience of the "Mantis Scratch Repair Pen" being advertised on the telly?
I'm thinking about getting it for the wife's car but I don't want to spunk a tenner without getting some idea if its any good.
CBR900rr Fireblade
spider13

Re: Scratch Repair Pen

Post by spider13 »

its only really any good on very light scratches not the deep ones like they show you on the telly,for scratches really you would be better off just building them up with a touch up kit then sanding back with a very fine paper then just t cut out
steve :thumbup:
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

if it's like the one I've seen where you get a hoover and stuff thrown in for 'free' then watch the tv ad very carefully cos the footage of them repairing scratches looks like it's being run backwards - watch the first couple of demonstrations :roll:

I've always found a wax crayon style chip kit, coloured polish and lots of elbow grease will hide most nasty scratches.....
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Most of those things are just gimmicks. Never does as it says on the box or look like the demonstration. :shifty:

Spiders right,
you would be better off just building them up with a touch up kit then sanding back with a very fine paper then just t cut out
Have Fun :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

yep waste of time fellas I Used to own a valeting /scratch repair business and trust me if its down to the primer your have no chance :lol:
ive seen the advert what a rip off,if there light g3 compound and a buffer will move most stuff :biggrin
Loud pipes save lives!