Music to my ears....

General Bike chat
t00lkit

Music to my ears....

Post by t00lkit »

Do any of you stormers ever listen to music whilst you are riding around, you know using an MD, CD or MP3 palyer etc....?

I've never done it, but am thinking it about giving ot a go.
Just a bit worried it might be distracting and could lead to something happening.

Let me know if you do it, or tried it

Cheers
Happy new year
T00lkit
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
mattbridges

Post by mattbridges »

I've just started listening to my ipod whilst I'm riding, I got some sound isolating headphones that double up as ear plugs (Shure EC3's) and they are brilliant. Becuase they seal into your ear you can have the music low and I've not had any problems at all with being distracted etc. I can still hear what's going on around me.
1999 Firestorm - Red - Dynojet Stage 1 - K&N filter - Remus Cans (was Scorpion).
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Matt,
Sound cool, how much and where from?
Gonna have to get myself a set of those coz my own singing is MUCH more distracting!! :lol:

Ben
mattbridges

Post by mattbridges »

In my original post I said they were e3c but they're actually E2c's

I got them from iPod world (probably paid over the odds for them)
http://shop.ipodworld.co.uk/iPodWorldSi ... G/SH01.htm

They're about 60.00 quid but they sound the business, I have seen them cheaper elsewhere ipodworld could get them to be before new years. In my original post I said they were e3c but they're actually E2c's

I use the foam surrounds rather than the rubber because the rubber really does shut out all sound. When I got to the traffic lights I thought I'd stalled with the rubber ones in lol!

Like I said the biggest benefit is that becase they near enough isolate your eardrum you can listen at much lower volumes.
1999 Firestorm - Red - Dynojet Stage 1 - K&N filter - Remus Cans (was Scorpion).
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Might sound a bit daft but there is research to show that music makes you ride faster or slower according to type

classical and soft .............slow
hard rock etc fast..........
it may be clever, but its not big.
Johnny Wishbone

Post by Johnny Wishbone »

Might sound a bit daft but there is research to show that music makes you ride faster or slower according to type
No, not daft at all. I don't listen to my MP3 player on the bike anymore. It doesn't matter what kind of music you listen to, if you have a tendacy to drive faster you will, end of story.

I have/had earphones that fit over your ear, but those ones for the ipod sound the business. The main problem I had (apart from speeding :wink: ) was that A. I could barely hear the music over the sound of the bike (thanks a lot aftermarket pipes!) and B. everytime I took a look over my shoulder at speed, the force of the wind against the side of the lid would squeeze the headphone into my ear which, after a long trip, began to hurt like f**k!

The only other alternative I could think of is to fit the flat velcro speakers into your lid, like the ones you use for a pillion radio.
Out of my way or I'll eat the lot of ye!!
RQ

Post by RQ »

I use a 128 Mb MP3 player that clips onto a strap on the yoke. Over ear ear phones, wires down the sleeve into the MP3. Advantage of that is you can adjust the volume at any time, you can knock it off when you get pulled by the cops for speeding because "Sweet Child of Mine" by G n R came on too............... :roll:
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
Pete

Music

Post by Pete »

The only time I've tried listening to music was while blasting across Wales and England to make a ferry to Holland. Wind noise made it impossible to hear anything :cry:

The ride was...fun :wink:
Peter Brennan.
mattbridges

Post by mattbridges »

I tried all sorts of headphones before I settled on the E2c's. Basically wind noise was the problem. If I'm going on a long trip then I always wore ear plugs, then I saw them online when I was looking for some new ear plugs. Aha - I thought, 2 birds, 1 stone, I tend to ride quite long distances so I bought an autocom put it under the seat, added my mobile and mp3 player and a throat microphone, I've had a coverstation with my bank whilst doing more than 70 down the motorway and they had no idea. I asked at the end of the call what the quality of it was like and he said he thought I was calling from a mobile indoors.
rumbler

Post by rumbler »

Can't comment on music to ride by, the ride is entertainment enough for me. But I the heavier the music the heavier my throttle fott is in the car. Whichcan be tricky as you might not hear the wailing sirens, or even worse your phone.

Anyone tried a mobile (yes, hands free, before you ask) via earpiece or Bluetooth?

Dave
t00lkit

E2C

Post by t00lkit »

Thanks for the comments guys,

Looks like the e2c's retail for about £50 on e-bay, but it looks like the type that go in your ear...

I like the idea of putting the mp3 on the yoke for a quick shut-off, but it prove tricky when all gloved-up?

I'll give it a go with my std earphones and see how I go on, then maybe invest in some proper ones if all goes to plan.

Cheers
t00lkit.
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Anyone tried a mobile (yes, hands free, before you ask) via earpiece or Bluetooth?
I once saw a bloke riding down Kings Road in Chelsea on a Harley, wearing an open faced lid with his mobile phone jammed up the side of it against his ear....at least it was hands free!!

There was a firm at the NEC show year before last which did moulded to your ear ear plugs, and you could have ones made up as headphones, intercoms or handsfree kits for phones. I'll have a look for the contact details if I've still got them.
Drink to contentment not to capacity. I just haven't figured out which comes first.
RQ

Post by RQ »

It could be difficult with big thick winter gloves all right, but as I am HARD, I deal with all weather conditions with thin summer gloves on!! (Well, got heated grips too, but I'm still hard as nails ok!...)

I reckon the shut off is as important as being able to turn the volume up and down when you need to. Going through towns and villages, I turn it down, and then for long parts on motorways, I can turn it up when I need to.
RQ.
mattbridges

Post by mattbridges »

Apparently a couple of snowboarding clothing manufacturers have integrated the ipod controls into the sleave, specially designed for winter gloves as well. Haven't seen them yet, but I'm still looking.
RQ

Post by RQ »

Yup, It's BMW that have done it. Bluetooth jobbie. I agree with Kaz, don't want to know about the 'phone when riding!
RQ.