new touring tool

General Biker Banter
FENNER

new touring tool

Post by FENNER »

well the Storm went and I got myself a touring tool

The plan is to save up now and get a cheap Firestorm towards the end of the summer as a second bike, to be honest the new buyer returning from the test ride was the first time I had seen and heard the bike with someone else on it and I was ever so slightly GUTTED :? Had to sell her to get some extra cash to put into the beemer though.

Tony
agentpineapple

Re: new touring tool

Post by agentpineapple »

very nice bike, fingers crossed you get another storm sooner rather than later..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

new touring tool

Post by lloydie »

Nice bike .
I see more and more of that type of bike on the roads these days
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

I'm picking up a Tiger 955i next weekend, plan to do some touring and even with the renthals on the storm I still find it hard to long distances on it......best bit is that as it's a proper bargain I can keep the Storm too 8)

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Now you're going to have to put a middle box in your signature, "This goes quite fast, most places!".
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

Kev L wrote:Now you're going to have to put a middle box in your signature, "This goes quite fast, most places!".
:thumbup:
I need to re-do it as the shogun has gone to meet it's maker..... probably a baked bean can by now :lol:
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Always wanted a african twin since I was a wee nipper , 8O have you seen the price they fetch now ,shocking
Loud pipes save lives!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Vtrkidda wrote:Always wanted a african twin since I was a wee nipper , 8O have you seen the price they fetch now ,shocking
Reckon you should speak to Angelina Jolie or Maddona, they will help out with an African twin. If you want an Africa Twin however Mr Honda can assist. Touche Kidda!!!!
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
FENNER

Post by FENNER »

Vtrkidda wrote:Always wanted a african twin since I was a wee nipper , 8O have you seen the price they fetch now ,shocking
I looked at them a year or so ago and couldn't believe how much you have to pay for a good one, don't know what they go like but do look the biz :wink:
vtrsteve wrote:I'm picking up a Tiger 955i next weekend, plan to do some touring and even with the renthals on the storm I still find it hard to long distances on it......best bit is that as it's a proper bargain I can keep the Storm too 8)

My problem is that if I'm doing long distance I'm normally 2 up, if I was on my own I didn't really find the Storm to much of a problem. I have promised my daughter that I'll take her up to John-O-Groats this year so would have been hard on the Storm. ALSO I did 210 miles round the Norfolk coast today on the GS and didn't hang about, the computer said I got 50.4mpg 8O, used just over £20 I think.
lloydiecbr wrote:Nice bike .
I see more and more of that type of bike on the roads these days
Ye it's a bit of a fashion thing at the moment I think but if you think about it, the GS is big, comfy, economical, not slow, has a real road presence, handles remarkably well and perfect for loading up with luggage so makes a good all-rounder.
bigspanishmarty wrote:very nice bike, fingers crossed you get another storm sooner rather than later..... :thumbup:
Cheers BSM, bit of a bargain really, when I got home today I gave it a proper clean and it's come up brilliant. Ref another Storm it will probably be next winter, I intend to spend any extra cash I get on petrol :D

Tony
FENNER

Post by FENNER »

That all came out a bit weird, don't know what happened there :oops:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

So what extras has it got?
AMcQ
FENNER

Post by FENNER »

AMCQ46 wrote:So what extras has it got?
Bash plate, Acerbis guards and deflectors, Touratec foot on the side stand and brake pedal, computer, heated grips and NO poxy ABS that costs £1500 to fix :D I need to get a back tyre soon and some luggage, which aint bloody cheap but can wait for a couple of months. Only serviced 1000mls ago as well and all BMW.

Tony
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

and you need the race pipe and ecu map :)
AMcQ
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Kev L wrote:
Reckon you should speak to Angelina Jolie or Maddona, they will help out with an African twin. If you want an Africa Twin however Mr Honda can assist. Touche Kidda!!!!
:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: took me a while then got it :lol:
Loud pipes save lives!