Scotoiler

General Bike chat
gas

Scotoiler

Post by gas »

Where is the vacuum take-off on the carb for a Scotoiler ? Also got any tyre recommendations, i want to get at least 5000 miles out of them and not too expensive either !
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Gas
Its The thinner of the pipes that run into the fuel tap which is underneath and at the back of the tank. the easiest way to access it is to lift the back of the tank, then from the tap the pipe runs underneath the tank on the left side to the carb you then just have to cut the pipe and fit the white T connector supplied with the scotoiler. You have to make sure the pipes are a tight fit on the T piece to avoid rough running as air can get drawn in, I applied some silicone sealer around the joint to ensure an airtight fit
Hope this makes sense, if not im sure someone else will make it sound easier
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Re: Scotoiler

Post by firestorm_al »

gas wrote:Also got any tyre recommendations, i want to get at least 5000 miles out of them and not too expensive either !
Don't know of any tyres that'll give that on the storm but I'm sure I must have been getting close to it on my old Bridgestones - BT010 on the front and a BT020 on the back.

Al.
WayneM

Tires

Post by WayneM »

Howdy!

Try Dunlop D204's

I get 8k out of a front and about 6k out of the back. Once warmed they are also good for knee down stuff.

Cheers
WayneM
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Hi Gas.

Blackstorm is right. It is much easier to lift the back of the tank and cut the 'T' piece into the fuel tap vacume pipe. There is a vacume take off point underneath each carb manifold, but these are very fiddly and I wasted an hour trying to use one of these. That was one minute to take out the blanking screw, 10 seconds to drop the screw in nipple into the bottom of the 'V' and an hour unsucessfully trying to retrieve it !!!

Well worth the effort in the end though because you wont need to adjust your chain any more.
LOOPY