MINI MOTO

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

buzz

MINI MOTO

Post by buzz »

HELLO U FIRESTORM FREAKS HAS ANY OF U LOT EVER DONE ANY MINI MOTO RACING; THERES A MINI MOTO RACE TRACK NOT FAR FROM ME AND ME AND SOME OF MI MATES FROM WORK ARE BOOKING A NIGHTS RACING AND IV'V GOT TO WIN
( ANY BODY GOT ANY TIPS )
FIRESTORM FIRESTORM I LOVE MI FIRESTORM

BUZZ :lol:
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

i've done it loads of times, (used to work at a karting track that hired them in once a month)......

it's easy, practise sitting in a chair with your feet bent over sidewards, (so the bottoms of your feet touch together).

this is the best position for your feet, so in theory the pegs will be on the outside of your feet, giving maximum ground clearance...

keep your weight forward, (very, very easy to wheely...just lean back).

You'll also need to practise leaning, with your knees around your ears..(more difficult than it sounds.)

If your mates are not bikers, you have a distinct advantage already :wink:

oh, and wear crap clothes, cos you WILL fall off, i garuntee it, dont wear good leathers... the only good bit about falling off is that you wont hurt yourself cos you just roll off and get back on.....

Good luck.....You WILL have a laff....... :)
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

essexbloke wrote:. the only good bit about falling off is that you wont hurt yourself cos you just roll off and get back on.....
Speak for yourself, here's me shortly before falling off at the end ot the straight sliding into the tyre wall damaging the ligaments in my left shoulder and tairing one of the cartlidges in my left knee and causing it to lock up ever since.

Good fun and I had my knee down within the first couple of laps. But never use the front brake anywhere near a corner, just brush off speed with the rear. The cornering is really strange cause you actually be in a position that feels like you are leaning back ever so slightly 8O

Needless to say I no longer have the movement in my knees to be able to get back on one but I am glad I tried it. Have fun but don't go too mental cause those cart tracks with tyre walls can be unforgiving ( especially when they are held in place by solid metal posts and don't move when you hit them! :cry: ).

Al.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

P.S. Make sure you wear either your bike boots or a pair of high walking boots. I'd of probably busted my ankle as well if I didn't have my bike boots on. Because instead of my ankle getting it the boot took the worst of it smashing the hard plastic armour within the boot in the process.
buzz

mini moto

Post by buzz »

cheers guys
sounds like i'm going to have some fun , i have been geting in some practice on my boys malaguti 50cc rev and go (kids dirt bike)me and mi mate mark he's the one who showed me how to wheelie, set up a figure of eight on a disused football pitch i chalenged him to go round without breaking or coming off the gas he said yes but i had to go 1st and guess what i fell off on the second corner doing about 30 mph result dislocated knee this was 3 weeks ago should be ok for mini moto
thanks for tips i'll let u know how i get on

cheers BUZZ :lol:
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Re: mini moto

Post by firestorm_al »

buzz wrote:and guess what i fell off on the second corner doing about 30 mph result dislocated knee this was 3 weeks ago should be ok for mini moto
Nutter!!! 8O
Last edited by firestorm_al on Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Just found another picture of me hunting down the Yellow Power Ranger -

buzz

2nd picture

Post by buzz »

AL
Looking at that second picture ( your face) looks like you got a bit of the old RED MIST :twisted: going on there

BUZZ :lol: :lol: :lol:
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

The position on the second photo is where I eventually lost the front end after bombing down the straight as fast as I could. Red mist doesn't describe adequately enough what came over me that day!
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

we had them at our track at least 25 times, and never got any more than a couple of bruises from any one.........

What are you like?????? :lol:

i would agree.......dont hit the tyre walls.......it's ok in a kart, but not reccomended on a mini moto....... :wink:
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Just remembered, on the day that I went to the mini motos we had been on a run down to Montrose in the morning.

Funny you should mention about red mist following that guy in the yellow helmet, he was in front of me on the run back to Aberdeen. I think he had been rebuilding his old CBR6 and as we got close to Stonehaven his toolkit worked loose. I had only had the VTR for about a month and ended up having to didge a shower of spanners at about 80 mph!!

I think something might have been on my mind at the time the photo was taken! :wink:

Al.