manual cct adjustment

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
subofficer

manual cct adjustment

Post by subofficer »

Hi I am in the process of buying a pair of manual ccts but am unsure of how often or what the signs will be went adjustment will be required.Can someone please tell me.
Kind regards chris
Miztaziggy

Re: manual cct adjustment

Post by Miztaziggy »

Should be very rare.

Benny does a lot of miles on his, and I think he said that he did 20k before his needed adjusting.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

indeed. one adjustment in over a year of very hard engine torture.
and even then it was a case of 2 flats on the adjuster.
me being anal i still took the covers off to check, but it really is that easy.
dont believe the crap some say that you have to adjust them every ride... simply is not true.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
klx678

Post by klx678 »

I've run over 10,000 on my Zephyr and heaven only knows on the KLX since the last adjustment. You will hear light ticking from the cam drive when the engine is fully warmed up, if the chains get a bit of slack. It won't be severe or loud, just ticking. Once the cam chains wear and seat in they will hold for a long time. If they already are seated in they won't need adjustment for a long time after the set up.