Hagon Springs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Flatline

Hagon Springs

Post by Flatline »

Having read the articles about these springs I cant work out if they work or not

At £62 from Wemoto they seem like a bargain

Will I notice any difference using another brand that cost £100?

I may be able to get them before the workshop up here in Yorkshire
Kev L

Re: Hagon Springs

Post by Kev L »

I had them in my FZR and they made a big difference to the front end. The criticism I have heard on here is that the quality of the finish isn't as good as some of the other brands but for the cash they are a good buy in my opinion (I also had a Hagon shock on the same bike).
Like everything, you buy what you can afford. Best of luck mate.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

All the cooments are on the finish of the springs, performance wise I doubt you would notice, but the oil may get contaminated faster, so do a change after a couple of thousand miles
AMcQ
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Thanks guys
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Apart from oil, what else would need to be done when changing the fork springs?
Opel

Post by Opel »

Other things include the tools! :crazy:

I know this sounds obvious and please don’t take it the wrong way, but I realised after ordering that I didn’t have the sockets needed and a suitable torque wrench to complete the job. Both issues now solved with a trip to Halfords to buy sockets (Cat code: 168385-0) and a Sealey torque wrench from Ebay.

I’ve ordered the very same Hagon springs from Wemoto, but as of yet they have not arrived. I’ve also took the plunge and ordered a Hagon rear shock but from elsewhere, because Wemoto wasn’t competitive for that particular item.
I took this decision to tackle the suspension, because after servicing my storm, it was like a different bike… with a massive increase in throttle response and general performance overall. This had the effect of emphasizing the tired and underwhelming suspension that desperately needed sorting out.

Good luck :cool2
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Hello Opel

Thanks for that

Be really interested in your thoughts when you get the fork springs

Where did you get the rear from?
Opel

Post by Opel »

The fork springs finally came 4pm this afternoon, and I have just returned from a brief ride after fitting them. First impressions are extremely positive. The ride is much improved, with the vagueness eliminated and a much more predictable response from the front.

I appreciate that this is all subjective but there is a definite and very noticeable improvement. However, how much this is due to fresh oil over and above the new springs is debatable, but I’m impressed either way.

Incidentally, the rear shock has not arrived yet, so the experience is purely from the alterations to the front.

For the record the test ride was completed with preload set to ‘four’ and rebound damping set to 1 ¼ turns back from fully clockwise—standard setting (I think) from the manual for base setting/reference.

I also split the difference and set the air gap to 145mm as per a well respected members suggestion here (springs out leg fully compressed), Hagon's suggestion was 150mm.

Regarding where I got the rear from… I can’t remember at this particular moment, but I do recall that there was only a few pounds difference from Wemoto’s. All this goes to prove is how tight I am!

Anyway, I’m going to have a good trip out tomorrow to gain a better impression of the improvement gained.

:D
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Well done, what weight oil did you use?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i used fat b8stard weight on mine.............hahahaha
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Opel

Post by Opel »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i used fat b8stard weight on mine.............hahahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I used 10W but then I'm only just bigger than a smurf 8O or so I've been told!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If it still jars through your wrists over rough roads, try 7.5 weight.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Some have commented on the quality of the spring not being as good as others

Have you noticed this?
Opel

Post by Opel »

tony.mon wrote:If it still jars through your wrists over rough roads, try 7.5 weight.
Many thanks for that... I'll see how I get on.
Flatline wrote:Some have commented on the quality of the spring not being as good as others

Have you noticed this?
I was aware of this general perception and took a close look at them. All I can suggest is that if these are low quality, then I would love to see other ‘better quality’ examples. Seriously, the finish was extremely good, yet I’ve little to compare them with. However, they appeared on par with the originals, notably very tidy ‘ends’, nicely ground down to a flat profile. There overall appearance was of high gloss black and for the record they were slightly (8-9mm) longer than those that came out.

Hope this helps...
:thumbup:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

In that case I will bag myself a pair

Did you change the seals etc