Chinese brake disks

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
agentpineapple

Re: Chinese brake disks

Post by agentpineapple »

i believe that their are two areas on a bike where you don't cut corners on quality and you buy the best you can afford and those are brakes and tyres, it's your butt on the line out there and you need to have confidence in those parts, personally i wouldn't touch chinese brakes, but everything has its place, for example chinese exhausts and fairing are worth a punt because as far as i know no one ever died of a fairing or exhaust failing.............
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

For balance: My friend who's Chinese reckons people from england and america smell of milk?

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 100AAPVgRd
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Case Report: Suicidal Inhalation of Motorbike Exhaust: Adding New Data to the Literature about the Contribution of Gasoline in the Cause of Death

http://www.jatox.com/index.php/vmchk/Ar ... Death.html
bigspanishmarty wrote:i believe that their are two areas on a bike where you don't cut corners on quality and you buy the best you can afford and those are brakes and tyres, it's your butt on the line out there and you need to have confidence in those parts, personally i wouldn't touch chinese brakes, but everything has its place, for example chinese exhausts and fairing are worth a punt because as far as i know no one ever died of a fairing or exhaust failing.............
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I would say that the exhaust didn't fail in that case...it did exactly what it was supposed to and pump her tent full of CO :thumbdown:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

wicky your a smart butt....hahaha
but i agree with miztaziggy and was there any proof it was a chinese exhaust.....lol
for example did the person in question feel hungry again after 30mins.....?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

I have a Armstrongs on the front too with sintered EBCs and they're great.
With a temporary Kagizume on the rear with non-sintered pads, I can report no problems to date.

I have however done some research into the origins of these 'Japanese' rotors that Sandy's are selling (with a lifetime warranty I might add) but I await some feedback from Gord in Japan before I post my findings. Further, I wouldn't suggest just yet that all chinese made parts are necessarily inferior if only because I've ocassionally come across unjustified 'mistust' in otherwise decent stuff before. As is often the case, time and experience will tell.

My twopence worth, personally I will not put anything other than tried & tested stuff on the front end.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

After a good trawl through e-bay, it looks as though a load of brake discs will fit the VTR, including these from a VFR 400 89-91

So why then are new discs cheaper than for the VTR, unless they're the Chinese ones??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VFR400- ... _649wt_905
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The discs from other models may fit the bolt hole alignment and spacing, but minimum disc thickness is sometimes different.
Could, in extreme cases, mean pads aren't secured properly when completely worn and at their thinnest.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.