Aftermarket indicators

General Bike chat
Ilson Lad

Aftermarket indicators

Post by Ilson Lad »

Im looking at replacing the original indicators with sommat a bit more discreet shall we say :D I could do with someone confirming or not whether the front must be the longer shaft type or not in order to clear the fairing if you used the stalk type & not flush.
It'll all be OK in the end and if its not OK then its not the end
agentpineapple

Re: Aftermarket indicators

Post by agentpineapple »

deffo longer.........
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ilson Lad

Post by Ilson Lad »

bigspanishmarty wrote:deffo longer.........
Ta!
pariah

Post by pariah »

Good luck on finding long stem indicators . I had a right old time finding this out. They say long stem but they are still not long enough. I had to make up extra extensions to bring the main body away fron the fairing.
Theres a market for some one to make these bloody things , simple yet effective but know one does them . hahaha :think:
Ilson Lad

Post by Ilson Lad »

I suppose you could use those thread extenders but they will not look good. Oh well, better start looking at suitable flush units for the front!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you could go down the route i'm taking and get mirrors with led indicators in, i'm going to fill the fairing holes and respray them, but then my bikes getting resprayed anyway.....lol
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

pariah

Post by pariah »

there the same as what I fitted. They dont come in different lenghts. There all the same,. Plus the rubber stems crack and split after a while, I<ve had to put super glue on my rear ones :lol: :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

pariah wrote:there the same as what I fitted. They dont come in different lenghts. There all the same,. Plus the rubber stems crack and split after a while, I<ve had to put super glue on my rear ones :lol: :lol:
Pariah, if you have another look at my photo's you'll clearly see the two inside ones are the short stem indicators and the two on the outside are the long stem items.

Are yours made by Motrax :?: as mine have no problems with the rubber cracking or splitting like yours have, and I did have them on my bike for a fair time. Mind you they did originally cost £30 per pair.

Chris.
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

i went to fit some spare mini clear ones and had the same problem...long stem wasn't long enough... so i got some ally tube and had it threaded so the indi screwed into one end and used a bolt instead of the nut on the other....

tbh the indi's look crap but when someone knocks one off in a car park!!! ....anyhoo...i like the large indi's and my nephews lifan has indi's with clear lenses that shine both up and down aswell as forward so gunna borrow them to see what they look like
Miztaziggy

Aftermarket indicators

Post by Miztaziggy »

These were bought off eBay. All 4 same length which was long enough without any extender. I suppose some might still put an extender on these looking at where they are on mine, but, I like them looking they do.

11 quid for the set of 4 led ones. Bargain.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I have flush mounted ones on the front and these on the back:

They are nice and bright and even have cut outs on the back so they are visible from front and back.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
elric

Post by elric »

mine are half hidden but still show up just fine, the rear are similar but rotated.
Unfortunately I don't know where they came from.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It's only easy if you know the answer!
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

I fitted some cheapy flush mounted ones years ago and have always been very happy with them (plus they have the added benefit of keeping the rest of the fairing off the deck!)
It took a bit of messing about and trimming to get them to fit the curve of the bodywork but I think they look pretty factory

I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!