Had a go at vinyl wrapping

General Biker Banter
Ilson Lad

Had a go at vinyl wrapping

Post by Ilson Lad »

I still have the standard screen on the storm which I would like to replace at some time so I thought about having a go at wrapping it with that 3d carbon look stuff & see how it turns out! Firstly It was'nt as easy as it looks & took me ages to complete it :lol: The screen was removed from the bike and was a bugger to hold down, heat up in places and pull the vinyl over as it was moving all over the table! Probably better to do it on the bike :wink:
Anyhoo, not a perfect job and the lower bit with the original Honda decal dont look the best but as a first go, it was worth it. Now im gonna look out for a seat pod and cover it too so that sommat at the front & rear has it!
Hats off to the guys who do the whole bike 8)
It'll all be OK in the end and if its not OK then its not the end
benny hedges

Re: Had a go at vinyl wrapping

Post by benny hedges »

not tried using it yet... got a massive sheet of white carbon effect vinyl tho...
will have a go when i cba!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Any photos?

Benny - when you do yours - give me a bell and ill come and help...I want to see how easy it is before I order some for mine :)
Ilson Lad

Post by Ilson Lad »

I'll get a photo once the screen is back on :D
It'll all be OK in the end and if its not OK then its not the end
pariah

Post by pariah »

This will sound mad but it works and you will find it much easier to do.

Before you start. make up a squirty bottle of water with a drop of fairy liquid, spray the whole area with this. Now place the covering over the object. you will now be able to slide it around until happy, you can even lift it up and put it back down again . When happy use a flat plastic spredder to apply pressure from the centre outwards . When finished go over witha dry cloth to finish off.
This does work, try it on a bi tof off cut if you dont belive me. I used this method when applying large graphics to vehicles. :thumbup: