West Coast today

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

tattie

West Coast today

Post by tattie »

Hi All,
Day off today (first one in a while) so after walking the dogs this morning I headed out, did not get off to a good start as the zip in my trusty Wolf jacket burst, didn't fancy the cordura jacket so poured myself into the one piecers ( breathe in, and pull like mad). :wink:

Headed along A9 to Dingwall via A862, then A834 to Contin, A835 to Corrieshellach, A832 to Dundonnell, Aultbea, Poolewe, Gairloch (no Fu-king fuel :eek2 ), Kinlochewe (fuel :biggrin :biggrin ) Achnasheen, Garve and back to Strathpeffer, Dingwall and home along the A9 again.

The A835 between Garve and Contin, what can I say other than the local farmers must have got the venue for their ploughing competition mixed up!!!! ( if any of you have been up this way of late You will know what I mean)
The A832 south of the Loch Maree hotel, there was a bump, mid corner that would give anyone, on or near the limit, a major moment or movement 8O
Met a guy at Corrieshellach and were discussing the petrol station situation, he said the filling station at Gairloch would be open, as it happens it wasn't and I just made it to kinlochewe, ffs, welcome to Scotland.
Cracking run about 160 odd miles, weather on west altho not as warm as when I left was just right.

I have taken some pics but would not have a clue how to upload them so if any of the admin team pm's me I could email them to them and hopefully they will manage to get them attached to the thread.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There you go matey ;)

Thanks Kev

Starting from the top.

Looking down to Kinlochewe along the A832

Looking up the same from the bottom.

Kinlochewe filling station (petrol at last) my butt was twitching like a rabbits nose as the trip meter read 122 miles.

Gruinard Bay A832

Little Loch Broom A832

Corrieshellach Gorge car park.

Cheers

A.M.
Last edited by tattie on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common sense ain't all that common!
kevg

Re: West Coast today

Post by kevg »

Bump, so that it comes up in new post searches, i've done the pics for you.
cheerz

kev
gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

Nice! My M&D live in Cromarty....
tattie

Post by tattie »

Gordthebiker,
Just across the water from me, and they have a nice new ferry there as well.
More sunshine would have been better but getting out for a blast was good.

cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Al :thumbup: Interesting write-up and cracking photo's :clap: Well done Kev for uploading them.

Chris.