June 24th - 26th - Cross Keys Pub - Swanwick, Derbyshire

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

marlbororman

Re: June 24th - 26th - Cross Keys Pub - Swanwick, Derbyshire

Post by marlbororman »

im not sure wot number Benny is using now, think he might have a new works number. got his old one and the temp one and think thats it.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

26 miles away parked in a laybye on the a617. See ya soon if anyone's there already :-)
geodude

Post by geodude »

marlbororman wrote:26 miles away parked in a laybye on the a617. See ya soon if anyone's there already :-)

See you in the morning mate :)
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Miztaziggy

June 24th - 26th - Cross Keys Pub - Swanwick, Derbyshire

Post by Miztaziggy »

Oh dear, on the way, waiting for benny on the m62 and the weather looks to be turning very nasty :-(

Anyone there already? Get some dry towels and hot drinks ready please!!!
geodude

Post by geodude »

Miztaziggy wrote:Oh dear, on the way, waiting for benny on the m62 and the weather looks to be turning very nasty :-(

Anyone there already? Get some dry towels and hot drinks ready please!!!
I got a bit wet on the way to Nuneaton. I believe there are a few at the pub already :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
geodude

Post by geodude »

playerone wrote:have a great weekend ya lucky buggers :lol: :beer:
Will do mate. Wish you were here :wave:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

enjoy yourselves, would have come but got other commitments also motorbikes , tents and rain arnt my fave combination. my gout is giving me jip at the moment as well !!
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
geodude

Post by geodude »

weird. It said I was permanently banned when I ried to log in earlier. Anyways, we have all made it back safely despite the less than perfect weather. It was great fun. :)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Took the easy option and only turned up on Saturday morning for a day trip, (and given the torrential rain Friday night I have to say I was glad I wasn't camping) but even the rain through the day didn't stop it being a good laugh :thumbup:

Good turn out, with some coming up from the deep south :) to enjoy the midlands summer conditions.

3 non storms, geo on his bmx, kev on theSP, and one of Kev and Benny's mates on an ER6. And 3 of us were 2 up, Kev as usual had cheeky Ads on the back, Mistaziggy had his girlfriend and I had my daughter Elle with me ( as a punishment!.... She is currently grounded, so I couldn't leave her home!)

Kev did a great job at leading us round, and he did his best to try and 2nd guess the rain, but in the end we couldnt get away from it. Snake pass and doing the cat & fiddle both ways were highlights, but scenery was great every where we went.

Big thanks to dave for the hospitality at the pub, and I hope Kev and Ads got some of the Chinese meal when they eventually turned up again in the car. There was a point when I thought benny was going to eat a set meal for 4 on his own.

Geo, Elle and I had a dry run home on and even the grumpy teenager said she had a good day out, so praise indeed!

As I didn't bother to bring a camera, we will have to wait for geo or Iain to add photos.
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Hope you all get back ok today, and I look forward to seeing the pictures up on here soon. Only took just over an hour for me to get home and as luck would have it, it was sunny all the way, so dried out my leathers.

Thank you to Silverzipper for the hospitality and thank you to Kev for leading the ride on the Saturday. I thought that it was a really decent pace you were putting on, yet everyone managed to stay together with no mishaps, so that is always good. Was good to meet you all and put some faces to the names and/or form aliases.

Despite the rain, and Sarah getting in a grump over being cold and wet :Argue:, it was a good day, and I must say those roads were brilliant. I havent ridden around the peak district before, but I will definitely go back when it is dry now. Managed to get a really good pace up on some of the roads despite the wet, especially the section after the cat and fiddle on the way back, chasing Benny through that long twisty 50mph section before stopping for a piss and having Bazza scare the crap out of me and make me piss all over my boots :Ball Kick:

Looking forward now to the next meet, which hopefully will be quite soon?

Oh and glad to see you're unbanned Geo - wonder if Benny is unbannned yet?
geodude

Post by geodude »

Omg, how annoying is that. Today has been a scorcher 25-30 degrees on the way home. What I would have given to swap the two days around. :cool2

This meet was brought to you by ukbiker.info. (shameless plug!! :twisted: )

Thanks
Big thanks to Dave and Ang for the awesome hospitality. I do hope the lads (and lass) spent loads on :beer: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Can we come again?

Another big thanks to Kev for leading the way. Great pace considering the state of your tyres, the weather and having Ads on the back :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

And a great big thanks to you all for turning up. Without you all it would have been, well, just me!! Nice one. :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

I have loads of footage and will be playing around with it once I have finished the last vid for Wales.

Apologies
Sorry Kev and Ads. I had hoped that the timing of the food was going to be perfect but I guess it wasn't. I had to head back to see the kids before bedtime.

Sorry for the weather. I keep doing it to you. I know probability doesn't have a memory but using the law of averages surely he next meet must be dry right?

Sorry to those who couldn't make. Hopefully you can next time :) The next one will be very soon!

Here are some pics.

Click here for more
Last edited by geodude on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geodude

Post by geodude »

Oh yeah, yellow wins!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Great pictures, :thumbup:

Was a good day out, but took hours to clean all the crap off the bike. I imagine CheekyKev will have to strip the SP down and go over it with a toothbrush........probably why he was late back to the pub, I bet he started the cleaning as soon as he got home, and got carried away.
Kev, sorry we didnt see you before we set off home, but if you want to know who eat your Chinese.....it was benny :lol:
AMcQ
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Wow, was a great weekend, shame bout the rain on saturday but dont think it stopped anyone enjoying themselves. Cheers Dave and Ang for putting up with us all too. Was nice to meet some new faces aswell as the usual suspects :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got home safe too, a bit wet though, was nearly 28 by the time i hit Hull, so had a sweat on. Stopped in a laybye to catch some air, and a delivery driver had me reprogram his sat nav,Asking me for directions, i ask you?? I wasnt on a bus route... How would i know :lol: :lol: :roll: That was funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to Jonesey, for bringing me the calipers, my mates well impressed, cant wait to get on with fitting them :biggrin :biggrin

And looking forward to the next meet, hope its not too long. should be able to fit somemore in this year :D :D
geodude

Post by geodude »

omg just checked and I have 5 1/2 hours of footage - :crazy:

I wont be reviewing that lot tonite!! I'm going to bed.... ZZZZzzzzz.....