Bike just had a mad 1!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
screwbert

Bike just had a mad 1!

Post by screwbert »

Hi guys billinjah just pointed me in the direction of this site this is my first post.
I was just riding my bike to work which is about 7 miles from home stopped for fuel on the way as I approached work the bike lost power and sounded like it was only firing on one cylinder it kept stalling and would start again immediately on the button but would die again if I didn’t keep the revs up. Ten minutes later I go back outside to start it again and it appears to be fine! Any ideas guys?
warby221

Re: Bike just had a mad 1!

Post by warby221 »

Was it raining bad ???
The front plug can short sometimes if the plug caps split
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
screwbert

Post by screwbert »

hi no it wasnt raining. what about ignition coil ive heard they can go?
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

i've had same problem on the a1 to cambridge...stopped for fuel at grantham and it dropped a cylinder about 5miles later,luckily it fired after 2mins but kept dropping one cylinder intermitantly.... i took a guess it was the front cylinder and changed that coil and plug, it's been ok sinse....

there is a test you can do in the back of the haynes manual,all you need is a multi metre and 15mins to test both coils,leads and caps.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I used to get this on one of my storms if I filled it to the brim plus a bit more it would creat a vacume ans starve it of fuel. Open the fuel cap and shut it again or leave it to stand for 5 mins
The bike school I used to work for paid for my fuel and I ket trying to cram as much in as posible!