Coolant hose location issues

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirloveyou

Coolant hose location issues

Post by sirloveyou »

Hi guys and gals
Im in desperate need of your help, I am rebuilding my Storm and I am currently installing the coolant hoses, but i need some help finding out where there going, etc :roll:
At the bottom of the thermostat housing cant seem to find where this pipe goes to ... its the one on the left with no hose attached
Anyone no where this hose goes ? Has a plastic hose end on the end of the hose
Finally this hose ... comes out the side of the water pump, does it attach to anything?
Really need your help been scratching my head for hours !
Thank you
benny hedges

Re: Coolant hose location issues

Post by benny hedges »

are they the ones to the carbs mate????
theres a bunch of pipes that go to the carb heater. you wouldnt see them as the carbs are taken off.

the small one with the white plastic reducer looks to me like the breather off the tank - a small 4mm id hose attaches it to the underside of the tank, near the fuel tap.

the last one is a drain afaik, just goes underneath. cant see on mine atm as i have a close fitting belly on it but will be taking it off tomorrow for a repair so will have a closer look if you are still stuck

you should get the pdf manual from the workshop section and have a look in the section on cooling.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirloveyou

Post by sirloveyou »

Hi thanks for the reply
I guessed that they were the carb warmers but wanted to be 100% before i connected random hoses. I have checked out the manual and there is no real clear indication where they go !
I have also googled diagrams in google with no luck !
Any body with there tank off can help !!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

the lesson for us all to learn here is ........ take lots of photos when you take it apart.....since the advent of digital cameras there is no cost to having a record of every hose & wire run as you strip down.

otherwise ask Benny :lol:
AMcQ
sirloveyou

Post by sirloveyou »

Ahhh yes but I brought the bike in bits
Could do with help not silly comments
warby221

Post by warby221 »

sirloveyou wrote: Could do with help not silly comments
have a good read of the other posts on the forum m8 before you post comments like that you'll find there's lots of silly comments in the posts but you'll always get the answers you need its called banter
and that's why this forum is popular with people :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

sirloveyou wrote:Ahhh yes but I brought the bike in bits
Could do with help not silly comments
Well that's one way to get help!
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Was about to help, but might have made a silly comment, so I'm out.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirloveyou

Post by sirloveyou »

I apologise
Just v frustrated spent 2 hours scratching my head looking at diagrams and not finding answers
so all help will be apriciated
sorry to all
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Not a problem..........wasnt event trying to take the piss
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

pop the carbs loosely on and match up the hoses.
they have about a 10 - 12mm id.
the ones to the cylinders have a larger id, about 3/4 " (20mm)
im sure the bottom one pointing downwards is a drain.

and the one with the adaptor is defo the breather hose to the tank

hth

so now that's out of the way... i thought i'd tell you that before i went to pick the mrs up from work in pouring rain.
realised i'd left my van window open so had to sit on a hi vis vest.
mrs was soaked to the skin waiting outside asda so i asked why she didnt wait in the bus stop.
she said cos it's out of order and taped up (cos someone reversed into it weeks ago and it hasnt been repaired yet)

i said why didnt you wait in the one across the road then???

reply.... blank expression :confused

also, yesterday in the recovery van... the recovery chap was relating tales of bikes he'd picked up...
said that the birmingham coppers still use horizontal twin beemers, and they do their training and practice around the welsh roads. so far he's picked up no less than 6, all with holed pistons on the right pot due to them stamping down the box and over-revving them!

also mentioned an irish guy he picked up on an older street triple with a flat tyre... totally bald all the way round and unrepairable.
in panic he had joined the rac over the fone and doing this you get absolutely raped on price... £180 they charged him.
plus he wanted ferrying to london and wanted £200 to take him & his bike.
plus he still needed a tyre at at least £150 fitted.
he explained that he desperately had to get to london for the morning as he had a film audition - he was an actor apparently.
so reluctantly he forked out the exra £200 and off they went, he was obvioulsy miffed as he hardly spoke a word.
trying to make conversation, the driver asked what acting he did - tv, ads, film????
turns out it was this guy - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1055413/ micheal fasbender! was in 300 and inglorious b8stard and the london trip was trialing for the new x men first class film.

just out of interest the driver asked who he was insured with and he replied carol nash..... he said did you tick to exclude breakdown cover then???
what?? he replied 8O 8O

the driver then told him that all carol nash policies you get free breakdown cover :lol:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Lee540

Post by Lee540 »

Does the pipe coming up from the waterpump connect to the front carb? and then pipe from rear carb connects to bottom of thermostat housing?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

One that's caught me out in the past is the blank spigot on the thermostat housing.

You can see it (just about) in the first photo in this thread.
It's the uppermost small black metal pipe poking out rear wards and slightly to the LH side.
It's not used, nothing goes on there at all.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.