Danmoto GP Exteme cans

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
FIRESTORM02

Danmoto GP Exteme cans

Post by FIRESTORM02 »

Hello out there, my fellow stormers... :roll: I've gone and bought myself a lovely new pair of GP Extreme exhaust cans from Danmoto (Chinese)
and I'm pleased with the service and quality. They are a hell of a lot lighter than the originals and sound awesome. "LAF" (Loud as Feck)
I like a bit of noise coming out especially when I'm commuting into London and going down "corridors". I've had to buy the set of baffles which are available
from Danmoto for this type of can (GP Extreme) these inserts are put in the can's inlet where the link pipe is connected to and not the outlet of the can like many others are.
When cruising in traffic the cans have a big grunt still, as if I hadn't any baffles at all.
The thing is, is that they're still too loud I think, for road use although I haven't had them db tested yet..M.O.T still to come up. I just want the cans to be toned down
a little bit more and now I'm thinkin in either putting some sort of wire mesh (brillo pad) of some sort to baffle them a bit more.Or...buy longer baffle inserts.
Anyone got any opinions on this? What d'you guys think of the brillo pad "scheme" will they last? or would a longer baffle do the trick?
After all I don't want my Storm sounding like a "WET FART" as my mechanic put it .... :eek2
I use ear plugs always and even with my plugs all the way sown my lugs there Loud. Not sure whether I'd survive a long haul without going deaf or crazy, although
the faster I go the noise does seem to ease off a bit probably due to higher revs etc.
Verdict: great buy but just a bit too loud for normal road use.
Any suggestions fellas? I'd be grateful :biggrin
BLUESTORM
Fazermike

Re: Danmoto GP Exteme cans

Post by Fazermike »

I have packed my XR250R exhaust with steel wool and it did make a noticeable difference :thumbup:
just make sure it doesn't restrict the outlet :)
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i packed my old rg250 cans with wire wol it was great untill they got hot and caught fire big flames at high revs :lol:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

lloydiecbr wrote:i packed my old rg250 cans with wire wol it was great untill they got hot and caught fire big flames at high revs :lol:
:lol: you get an outstanding pyro display off wire wool - i made some temporary repairs with some a while ago and it was amazing through the birkenhead tunnel - balls of fire flying out the back end! :lol:

mate was using an angle grinder and some wire wool caught fire off the sparks and stuck to his overalls - funny as fek :clap:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Fazermike

Post by Fazermike »

FIRESTORM02 wrote:Hello out there, my fellow stormers... :roll: I've gone and bought myself a lovely new pair of GP Extreme exhaust cans from Danmoto (Chinese)
and I'm pleased with the service and quality. They are a hell of a lot lighter than the originals and sound awesome. "LAF" (Loud as Feck)
I like a bit of noise coming out especially when I'm commuting into London and going down "corridors". I've had to buy the set of baffles which are available
from Danmoto for this type of can (GP Extreme) these inserts are put in the can's inlet where the link pipe is connected to and not the outlet of the can like many others are.
When cruising in traffic the cans have a big grunt still, as if I hadn't any baffles at all.
The thing is, is that they're still too loud I think, for road use although I haven't had them db tested yet..M.O.T still to come up. I just want the cans to be toned down
a little bit more and now I'm thinkin in either putting some sort of wire mesh (brillo pad) of some sort to baffle them a bit more.Or...buy longer baffle inserts.
Anyone got any opinions on this? What d'you guys think of the brillo pad "scheme" will they last? or would a longer baffle do the trick?
After all I don't want my Storm sounding like a "WET FART" as my mechanic put it .... :eek2
I use ear plugs always and even with my plugs all the way sown my lugs there Loud. Not sure whether I'd survive a long haul without going deaf or crazy, although
the faster I go the noise does seem to ease off a bit probably due to higher revs etc.
Verdict: great buy but just a bit too loud for normal road use.
Any suggestions fellas? I'd be grateful :biggrin
Did you manage to sort it?
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

We amke induustrial silencesrs and if the exhausts are packed, then a longer baffle would help.

the problem with a short baffle is that it directs the gas into the baffle material, then it takes the path of least resistance(so back down the middle, if you put a longer baffle in then it forces the gas into all the baffle material.

what does the baffle look like that is fitted to these exhausts. should be a pipe blanked at one end and loads of holes in the side wall??
FIRESTORM02

Post by FIRESTORM02 »

Hi Bazza696,

Tks for your input m8, yeah...the baffles are short and with "big" holes in them. I've had a pipe cover it and with new smaller holes drilled. M8....the difference on BHP was big. It did quieten down them alot but the performance after was shite after being used to no restriction "practically".
Suppose they are "race cans". they do look great though.
Not much internal mesh etc also and the way that they have been designed doesn't give any room for opening and re-packing etc.
I've taken them off now for a Europe trip and might sell them after when I get back and save up for a set of Acrapovic or Arrow or wotever
Keep the black stuff the right way down m8.
BLUESTORM
markycee

Post by markycee »

Hi chaps,

I got a set of remus Grand Prix Oval Cans on mine, but no removable baffles or anything like that. If anything they are too quiet. I read an article where someone removed the wadding and wrapped the centre pipe in aluminium foil, then repacked. Does this work?

p.s How do you guys get through MOT's. Do I need to pick a freindly MOT place, or find standard cans to stick back on each year??