Need some advice

General Biker Banter
firestorm jedi

Need some advice

Post by firestorm jedi »

Ladies and Gents. It's been a while but I need to ask some wordly advice if I may.... A mate of mine is after an SP-1. The thing is he's 6'4 and doesn't know if it'll be too small to be comfortable. Obviously he should ride one but there are none local and he'd have to buy the one he's found over the phone as it were. So my question is....does anyone have an SP-1 that is of taller stature? If you do how is it? Is it the same frame as a VTR?
Any info would be greatly appreciated....

Ta
FJ
:Saber:
benny hedges

Re: Need some advice

Post by benny hedges »

standard seat height on the sp is 32.5" whereas the firestorm (standard) is 31.9"
so if he will fit on a storm he will have no issues with a sp imo.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
firestorm jedi

Post by firestorm jedi »

thanks for that Benny.
He tried my storm and said it was too small in the frame. The storm was the first bike to have a litre engine in a 600 frame if I'm not mistaken (probably am :shifty: ) but I know that an SP-1 frame is longer (as per a post on something else from tony.mon) too so with the half inch height and longer frame he might just make a do.
Personally I think he should do it. That way I can spend his money without having to touch mine..... :wtf:

Cheers
Jedi
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Tell him to just do it. I am 6'4" and 18 stone, bought my Firestorm in February and love it. Comfortable to ride, as any sporty bike can be.
You can't worry about your "butt looking big in this" if you are on the larger size, they are designed for little folk who make them go quicker (although Simoncelli seems to be disputing this in Moto GP!). The other option is to choose another gendre of bike, and I don't feel ready for that yet!!
Good luck to him :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
firestorm jedi

Post by firestorm jedi »

Cheers Kev. He should be alright then as he's built like a lamp post. Should definately just do it. He's got a Z750 to part ex. Don't know if anyone wants one. Its 06 plated and has done 1150 miles (not a mistype). Orange (candy apparently :wtf: ) and just about totally standard apart from the colour coded belly pan. £3200.00 to anyone on here. :thumbup:

Cheers

Firestorm Jedi
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Im the same as Kev, 6'4 18 stone. I get a bit of wrist ache here and there, but nothing terrible. Honestly feels more comfortable than my mates blade.