Greets All

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
soulvelcro

Greets All

Post by soulvelcro »

Afternoon folks....
Bought a 99 streetfightered storm recently,...R6 rear end with custom sub frame,art 2 into 1 exhaust,vapor speedo,twin headlights,and an interesting radiator conversion,not sure if its genius or plain crazy as im no mechanic but it seems to work fine apart from maybe a sticky thermo as rad fan not working,...thoughts,opinions,critisism welcome,...pull no punches as all info is appreciated.......
more pics to follow...

cheers .... :thumbup:
Previous :125 honda shadow > m800 suzuki intruder > yamaha v-max >>>>>honda streetstorm.......
Kev L

Re: Greets All

Post by Kev L »

Looks good from that angle. The tailpiece looks like M r Honda designed it.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Captain Vimes

Post by Captain Vimes »

I like it as well. Will be interested to see pics from other angles though.
The road goes ever on and on.
soulvelcro

Post by soulvelcro »

Hello and thanks fellas few more pics,..
...need to sort a headlight cowel or some type of back panel cover to tidy the front end up,few unsightly wires....

cheers... :thumbup: :) :)
Previous :125 honda shadow > m800 suzuki intruder > yamaha v-max >>>>>honda streetstorm.......
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome SV, bike looks good. :thumbup:

as you mentioned it is the messy wireing that needs sorted.

other hints.........make sure the CCT is sorted as they look to be stock Honda. get some maunaul tensioners or fit a stopper inside the stock parts. Instructions in workshop section
AMcQ
soulvelcro

Post by soulvelcro »

Thanks for the greet mate...
Rite yea ..have heard in storm reviews this seems to be the major problem people have..ill get it done in the service...where abouts is it on the bike?, thanks for the input :wink:
Last edited by soulvelcro on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

SV, there are 2, one in each cylinder. and the service guy wont know what to do unless you give him the instructions shown in this forum.
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi mate the bike looks good, how do you find the speedo, i was thinking of putting one on my firestorm?????
also i'm about to change my exhaust to a single sided item does it soud good???????
welcome to the forum m8!!!!!!!!!!!
:beer:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
soulvelcro

Post by soulvelcro »

8O ..thought the honda dude would know..suprised AMC, with it being a common prob...
what sort of price are we talking then ...
soulvelcro

Post by soulvelcro »

Hello BSM...
The speedo is a smart bit of kit,all the important disply stuff,revs,oil temp,bit to many features,lap stuff etc,has customizable lights/pop out symbol studs...yea looks well imo... :thumbup:
Wasnt sure if a 2 into 1 would cause problems,.none so far though and its been on the bike a while,the art can sounds wicked,mid/deep burbley loVelyness at idle.....on a run not too loud,but notice-able,cant fault it mate..... :) :)
Last edited by soulvelcro on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Ahh - I saw that one on ebay, I was going to maybe view that one, but found one first.

It was from York wasnt it? How much did you end up paying for it?

Im from near Leeds so may see you around :)

Looks very tidy and well modified.
soulvelcro

Post by soulvelcro »

£1450, about its money really....got a few bits not picked up in fotos but mostly clean condition or should i say ive cleaned it up well cos it needed it,fork dust seals will need doing but ok for the mo,the scratch on the tank i can live with,nothing serious and will sort that in the future....
good luck with your new bike matey.....yellow peril eh!!.. looks nice :thumbup: 8)
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Good price, sounds like you got a nice discount :D

Hope you enjoy it mate
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

soulvelcro wrote:8O ..thought the honda dude would know..suprised AMC, with it being a common prob...
what sort of price are we talking then ...
I dont think Honda have yet admitted it is a problem :silent: :eek2 , and all they will do is fit an new set. That will buy some time, but there are tales of the replacements failing faster because they are stored under full spring tension.

Choice is either fit a fail safe stopper inside the standard auto tensioners [either the ones on the bike, or a new set] and when they do fail, there will be no valve damage, just a sound of a slightly loose cam chain........... then you know its time to fit a new one. OR you get some manual tensioners, and adjust the tension your self.

The stopper mod is good, costs you next to nothing and will save you hundreds in repairs
AMcQ
soulvelcro

Post by soulvelcro »

Shocking that eh... :wtf:
At least fitted the stopper so no valve damage like you said...wouldve thought they'd sorted it with the newer model, but i suppose nobody
makes a perfect engine..... :roll:
Think ill have to have word with the mechanic see if his knowledge extends to fitting manual type
either way not fussed as long as it saves me damage and cash,very weary of doing it myself...
im not the most patient of people and prob struggle for tools too.......
cheers for the info mate,..much appreciated :thumbup: :D 8)