v5 questions....

General Biker Banter
benny hedges

v5 questions....

Post by benny hedges »

just a couple of questions regarding getting a new v5 document.
dvla site gives conflicting answers.... if nobody knows i'll ring them tomorrow...

i bought another ped the other day for a tenner.... owner said it was a cat d write off and had no v5.
(originally said he had lol)

just did a 83600 on it and this is what it said:

baotian pulse
vin ****3665
jan 09
2 owners
no colour changes
no stolen record
not scrapped

we have no record of MX58PDY being subject to a total loss claim by insurers.

happy daze! it isn't recorded as a cat d

but i still have no v5
according to dvla, if the seller has no v5 and didnt notify dvla of the change of owner, i dont have to pay for a new v5, but i need the new owner's slip - which i don't have.

i think what may have happened is it's a transition period between the bike being dinged and the insurers recording it as scrapped.
so what happens if i apply for a v5 in the meantime, seeing as it is not currently recorded?

what if they issue a new v5 in my name and then the insurers record it as a cat d?

and do i have to pay the £25 fee?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
simo

Re: v5 questions....

Post by simo »

Hi Benny, I think what happens is that you apply for a v5 and they contact the last recorded owner who ignores it if they sold it, or replys if it has been stolen in which case expect plod knocking at the door. :biggrin . It could cost you £25 for the new v5., get a form from PO
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
stevevtr

Re: v5 questions....

Post by stevevtr »

lost me after the 3rd sentence soz 8O :crazy: :silent: