Grimsby driver defends warning others of speed gun

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
benny hedges

Re: Grimsby driver defends warning others of speed gun

Post by benny hedges »

nope its true and has been law for a long time.
you can warn motorists of a speed trap that hasnt been set up yet, but not one that is in operation :/

as someone pointed out on another forum.... what about satnavs ^ snoopers that spot mobile cameras.... theyre not illegal.
it is gay as crouton tho - stupid c unt
ry we live in
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I find going past them at 3mph is quite effective, as it slows down all other drivers behind me and creating enough of a jam that they can't catch anyone.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Richy

Post by Richy »

So.. Helping others to not break the law gets you a criminal record. Nice.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

typical of the lawmakers in this once great land! they try and divide and concur to stop people looking out for each other. Also a pisser for the old boy to get hit with such a fine, as it is people like him that save people like us from getting more points!, hope it dosnt make people think it is best not to warn others!

I will still warn oncomming traffic, I now know that I need to make sure there are no plod watching
AMcQ
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

just goes to prove it is all about the money otherwise that driver would be having the desired effect of slowing other drivers
pariah

Post by pariah »

why didn't he just say that he got his sleeve caught up on the light cluster arm and that would have been it. They wouldn't be able to prove any thing .
Mind you. saying that they would have done him for carless driving . :confused
chi kung

Grimsby driver defends warning others of speed gun

Post by chi kung »

This all happened tup north. It's practically a different country so shouldn't affect me.
pariah

Post by pariah »

Yeah but now they got a conviction, this will be down your way soooon u see. :x
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

What a load of crap!
I had a lorry driver give me a flash just before I got to a hidden camera the other day (Thanks Bud) :thumbup: . I wasn't actually speeding but it still made me check just in case. Personally I can't see the problem.....what's the goal, slower safer driving or just busting your wallet :evil:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i flashed a woman driver the other night who had no lights on.... and on her fone.
could see her cursing me mouthing obcenities... very ladylike.
still carried on with no lights on.
100 yards further i crossed a roundabout & saw a traffic volvo heading up behind her.
hope she got pulled. daft old bat. :Argue 1:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
bigrich

Post by bigrich »

few years back myself and a mate were in a layby up in northumberland country side, me on the storm him on the blade. a volvo marked car pulled over, officer approached us and asked how we were doing, in had a little look at the bikes, both illegal exhausts and we both had dark visors.

Anyway he commented on how nice the weather was and that the roads were in excellent shape for a good run out....

He then asked us to take it easy and be careful, and asked where we were going next.....

We told him the direction and he pointed out that about 3-4 miles along the road we will come to a couple of disused farm buildings, 60 limit but generally taken a bit quicker (nice long stretch). He then told us there is someone with a speedgun there and he will probably jump out on us, wished us a safe ride and off he went.

So 3-4 miles along the road we were taking it easy just incase, and sure enough plod jumped out with a speedgun!

They are not all bad!
Honda Britain 50th anniversary storm (26 of 50)
Carbon Hugger
Carbon undertray
Carbon LED indicators
Clear LED rear light
Shark Skinz Bellypan
Harris RearSets
Ohlins Steering Damper
Proflex suspension
Remus high level carbon cans/micron stubbys
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

white audi tt flew past me on the inside about half hr ago, where the m60 joins the m62 at eccles....
he then crossed 4 lanes, straight into the fast lane, weaving in & out easy 50+ faster than all the other traffic....
next thing, another audi... black one, rj06mfn flew past with blue bumper lights lol.... saw him pulled over about 2 mile ahead :Banned:
bigrich

Post by bigrich »

always funny! i was coming back from manchester in the car in september, doing about 90 on the a1 and saw some headlights behind me, kept an eye on it and it was flying! bmw came past me...must have been doing a good 140 and he was pulled over another mile or two up the road, oh did we chuckle!
Honda Britain 50th anniversary storm (26 of 50)
Carbon Hugger
Carbon undertray
Carbon LED indicators
Clear LED rear light
Shark Skinz Bellypan
Harris RearSets
Ohlins Steering Damper
Proflex suspension
Remus high level carbon cans/micron stubbys
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

if i got pulled for flashing someone i would claim i thought it was my sons mates dads brother (or someone) and i hadnt seen them lately, honest. i would also say i never saw the speedtrap. i also think all gatso,s should have the speed limit written on them as you approach. the road to norwich from ipswich changes speed about 20 times over 30 miles. you never know what you are supposed to be doing.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.