Modded one for sale

General Bike chat
Kev L

Modded one for sale

Post by Kev L »

Couple of interesting mods on this one -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-HONDA-VTR-10 ... 33656fd233

Quite like the effect the fairing gives. Wonder how much cutting/faffing/swearing it took to make them fit?

:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
bigrich

Re: Modded one for sale

Post by bigrich »

or you could just by a sv1000!
Honda Britain 50th anniversary storm (26 of 50)
Carbon Hugger
Carbon undertray
Carbon LED indicators
Clear LED rear light
Shark Skinz Bellypan
Harris RearSets
Ohlins Steering Damper
Proflex suspension
Remus high level carbon cans/micron stubbys
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

that looks feching shite! :roll: look at the massive gap between the sp faring and the nose cone!! some people have no idea 8O
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Agreed with ^ and ^^. Nice idea failed in the style department. Not just the ghastly hole between fairings. Look at the radiator cut out. The rad looks like its dropped a foot or so in there.

If you want a Storm buy a storm. If you want to turn it into an SP buy an SP and if you want it to look like a SV then... yep, buy an SV. Dont make a b8stard hybrid of the 3.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Modded one for sale???

that'll be handy for anyone who's just passed their cbt

be great if someone was selling a modded 2 as well

or a dassed
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'd want to see it from a few different angles before making my mind up.
The fairing gap shouldn't be there, but I do like the twin headlight idea.
The single one does date a Storm, IMHO.

And the forks are always a worthwhile mod.

However has the tank been bashed to allow thumb clearance?
Hard to see if the photo.....

If so that'll reduce the tank range even further :|
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Everyone is fairly unanimous in their condemnation of the bike for it's changes, "if you want an SP BUY an SP", however having read through this forum on a fairly regular basis I thought the joy of the Storm was the ease and imagination shown by owners in modifying them. Where do you draw the line. Is Tony.mon wrong for tuning his to produce greater power? Not in my mind. How about the Italian guy (apoligies for not remembering his name) who produced the superbly engineered VTR and Canadian MIK? I think it's good to see someone else's ideas whether they are well executed or, in some cases, otherwise.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

agreed! but that still looks fecking fiddler, IMHO some people should NOT be left alone with a tool kit! :roll:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

There are indeed those who shouldn't be let loose with anything sharper than a sponge!
:thumbup:
stevevtr

Post by stevevtr »

best thing for that a gallon of petrol and a match claim on the insurence :D :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote:Everyone is fairly unanimous in their condemnation of the bike for it's changes, "if you want an SP BUY an SP", however having read through this forum on a fairly regular basis I thought the joy of the Storm was the ease and imagination shown by owners in modifying them. Where do you draw the line. Is Tony.mon wrong for tuning his to produce greater power? Not in my mind. How about the Italian guy (apoligies for not remembering his name) who produced the superbly engineered VTR and Canadian MIK? I think it's good to see someone else's ideas whether they are well executed or, in some cases, otherwise.
Funny thing is, most people on here are gradually modifying their own bike to a greater or lesser degree.
Some changes are subtle, a bit of bling anodised bits here or there, or changing CCT's and R/R's, and some are further from Papa Honda's great dream, single sided SA's, "improved" engines, etc.
Seems to me that it's a matter of personal taste.

For example the choice of tyres- no point offering much advice to someone asking which tyres they should fit, (or fork springs, for that matter) unless you know a lot about them, their weight, normal riding style, what the bike's used for mainly, how confident/aggressive they are, etc, etc, etc.

Actually, I'm willing to bet that if someone offered a fairly easy conversion to twin headlights a lot of people would put their hands in their pockets.

After all, it's you what's gotta ride it into the bike meet car park......... :eek2 :confused :oops: 8) :thumbup: :clap:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.