u guessed it, cct's

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tradedog

u guessed it, cct's

Post by tradedog »

Can anyone give me a definitive answer, or point me to the post/reply which does? Is there anything one can do to solve this problem definitively?

I bought my VTR, black, 1998, Laser cans, 6000 miles and absolutely mint about 3 months ago. Every time I ride it, the ride is slightly spoiled by a nagging fear in the back of my mind that one of these damn things is going to pop.

I don't want to wait for this to happen. I would like to be proactive here and do something to prevent it ever happening. Is this possible? It would seem to me without ever having opened one of these damn things that, if the spring breaks, a mechanism, something like a ratchet maybe, which prevents the tensioner from backing up away from the chain by more than a tiny amount would be the answer. Is this possible?

Whilst on the subject, what is the tiny nut/bolt on the back of the tensioner for?

Thx in advance

Edward Byrne
Leepy

Post by Leepy »

Do a search for CCT or cam chain tensioners..

There will be loads of threads.

The best thing to do is not worry about it.. I don't and there's no problem with mine :)
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

The other option is to Contact Del, (the resident Guru), he would probably be able to supply with some modified tensioners.

(login name - "Delmeekc")