R1 mirrors

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sgoaty

R1 mirrors

Post by sgoaty »

Hi

I took my storm out for the 1st time today and was shocked at how pathetic the mirrors are ( I have been spoiled with my ZZR1400) one of mine is very loose and moves if i go much over 50.

I wondered about buying some R1 mirrors?

I did a search but there were a few diferent answers about using only 00 mirrors and some saying 01-03 mirrors are the one to use but I was wondering if these will fit and be better than what ive got?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEFT-MIRROR-YZF-R ... 563db60749

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Left-Right-Motorc ... 335ea4380b

Thanks
Scott
benny hedges

Re: R1 mirrors

Post by benny hedges »

after a track day last year i left my firestorm mirrors in a mate's van... so to go out on the road i fitted the mirrors off my zxr750
they went straight on, same centres etc and are a lot more adjustable than the vtr ones.
they sit a bit lower, but i was able to see just as good (if not better) than the standard storm mirrors with 30mm extenders.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sgoaty

Post by sgoaty »

What age of ZXR Benny?
Thanks
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

its a 95 m8
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Soutie

Post by Soutie »

I have R1 mirrors on my Storm. they are much better than stock but are still far from perfect!!!!
They were easy to fit and needed no mods at all.
sgoaty

Post by sgoaty »

What age of R1?
Soutie

Post by Soutie »

I don't know what model R1 they came off as I got them from a mate who had them on his storm and later sold it.
Here are a few photo's maybe some of the other guys will recognise them!
I put them on with mirror spacers but I'm thinking of trying them without the spacer

balls

Post by balls »

Had R1 mirrors on mine for a long time now i think there is a pic on here someware . Work v well :D