Dunlops- any good?

General Bike chat
bluesman

Dunlops- any good?

Post by bluesman »

I got my bike with new Dunlop Sportmax D207 (last owner changed 1000 km ago) - are those good on Storms?
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
Pete

Post by Pete »

According to some of the tyre related posts I've read here.... yes!
Peter Brennan.
Bink

Post by Bink »

All I hear about them that they're 'alright'... Not great in the wet etc.
However they used to be standard equiptment on the Yam R6... so they cannot be that bad. They should be sporty, due to their triangulated shape.

Pete, you in Dublin as well I see. Where are you based? I live in the North-West & work in Clonskeagh.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Howdy Bink,

I'm living on the northside at the mo' and work outa Rathmines.

Have you got high level arts? I may have seen you around.

There's a bunch of us that head across the Wicklow gap most Sunday mornings, we meet at the Shell garage in Donnybrook at 10am.

The lads are all at the riders rally this weekend, but there should be a few out next week if you're interested.
Peter Brennan.
EGG

Post by EGG »

Yes Dunlop are good. If you can get gp's or RR's do it as these are better. But as for standard 207 they are good and warm up quickly just be careful in the wet.
:twisted:
Better to burn out than just fade away!
Orange Robbie

Dunlops

Post by Orange Robbie »

After my experience with 204's, wouldn't put any Dunflop on a wheelbarrow, sh*te mileage, crap grip, poor feel. Better off with tyres off a Fizzy :!: IMHO.
Slow in, slow out. Ohh err missus, now with added G-Force carbon fibre race cans. Sounds like a Spitfire.
Orange Robbie

Post by Orange Robbie »

Something just popped up, so to speak, in my memory, I'm sure I read a report about the Yam R6 in a group test recently, and if I'm not mistaken I'm sure they slagged the tyres off.
May be wrong, willing to be proved so :!:
Slow in, slow out. Ohh err missus, now with added G-Force carbon fibre race cans. Sounds like a Spitfire.