Oil leaking out of breather??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Leepy

Oil leaking out of breather??

Post by Leepy »

Hi,

Just got a VTR..

On the way home from collecting it I have noticed a few problems..

Firstly.. there is a breather pipe?? coming out of the engine in front of the water pump on the right hand side... this completely covered my right boot and the right side of the engine in oil. I checked the oil level before I set off so I know there wasn't too much in to begin with.

Where is that pipe supposed to go? All I have is about an inch of metal pipe angled downwards with then another inch of rubber pipe attatched... this looks like it has been cut off though.

Any ideas? Or do you know where that pipe is supposed to go? Pictures of your own would be even better :D

It's also running mega rich and would not pull higher up the revs at all.. it stuttered like mad. Upon inspection I have noticed that the choke cable (Or the SE valve end anyway) has broken on the carb end.. it hasn't come out but it sits loose inside. Could that be my problem? Or one of them at least..

Cheers :)
Leepy

Post by Leepy »

I think I know where that pipe is supposed to go now...

Does it join onto the petrol tank breather tube and then exit with the coolant overflow and fuel tank overflow on the left hand side?

If it's leaking oil there's still a problem though isn't there.. so all I would do is move the pipe to the left... or am I wrong?

:)