Broken Down

General Bike chat
SlingVTR

Broken Down

Post by SlingVTR »

Happily cruising (not in the George Michael way) on the A40 at 85 ish and then nothing, nothing at all total engine and electrical blackout and total silence.........pulled over after locking up the back wheel, its amazing when silent you have no idea when to change down as I was trying to bump back into life but nowt. Called RAC and an hour later he arrived, told him the prob he said ill test the battery which was charging at 11v......oh dear I said it cant be the regulator as its only 3 months old, I didnt even take the side panel off to look. Well the RAC guy did and what did we see a fooked reggy, all bent and melted. I replaced this when I bought the bike as a precaution but kept the other as a spare which was lucky as the guy drove me 30 miles back to my gaff and all the way back to my bike all sorted. HAIL TO THE RAC ORANGE GUYS............
BigVeeGrin

Re: Broken Down

Post by BigVeeGrin »

fortunate indeed. Was it the honda rr or the yam r6/1 option I've read about?
SlingVTR

Post by SlingVTR »

IT WAS A GENERIC COPY PROB A CHING CHONG ONE SOLD BY CARDIFF MOTORCYCLES FOR £30, YES CHEAP BUT 3 MONTHS USE... :evil: THE OLD ONE I TOOK OFF WAS PUTTING OUT 14V SO KEEPING THAT ON, BUT I WILL GET A SPARE AND STICK IT UNDER MY SEAT NOW.
steveb

Post by steveb »

I went for the Yam R6 conversion - done 6k on it this year - still working :D
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

When mine went, we had to drive to Edinburgh to pick up a one from a breakers as needed it straight away and it was a BH! and luckily it was gen Honda one and looked new. done 2-3k since and no probs sofar, fingers crossed. :thumbup:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
SlingVTR

Post by SlingVTR »

Its taken the battery out as well according to Mr Optimate 4..............Grrrrr :twisted: