Ducati Sound

General Bike chat
vtrmann

Re: Ducati Sound

Post by vtrmann »

i think i have a sound better then a ducati with my one off underseat number, with twin round exits fed by a 3" single pipe, from a 2 piece downpipe, mandrel bent not 25 seperate welded pieces [as standard]. cheapest way is butcher your original cans, chop em in half [at least] then make a set of baffles to suit.
single sided swing arms rule....!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

vtrmann wrote:i think i have a sound better then a ducati with my one off underseat number, with twin round exits fed by a 3" single pipe, from a 2 piece downpipe, mandrel bent not 25 seperate welded pieces [as standard]. cheapest way is butcher your original cans, chop em in half [at least] then make a set of baffles to suit.
sounds geat you got any pics mate?
vtrmann

Post by vtrmann »

this is my exhaust system, just fired it up for the first time today [been nearly 3 months off the road now] sound is awesome, louder then my old microns, but now with an added rasp as you increase the revs.

seb421

Post by seb421 »

that's wicked that mate, how much did it set you back?

like the single sided swing arm, might look at doing this now i have got a full 954 front end finally

not to sure about the right angle bend at the link pipe connector from the headers

how much did it cost you ruffley to source all the parts requited for a single side swinger conversion
vtrmann

Post by vtrmann »

all in around £400 with the machine work included. not too expensive if you diy, exhaust is the difficult bit must be mandrel bent to get the curve right. best of luck if you do it, or you could save yourself the bother and buy mine? pic below as it stands:-