sp1 de-restriction box of tricks????

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
taffr

sp1 de-restriction box of tricks????

Post by taffr »

not having a lot of experience on fuel injection i was wondering if these things actually make any noticable difference when fitted, has anyone got any experience on fitting this item or similar to any other bike??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nikko-De-Restrict ... 35a4a2c6a7
benny hedges

Re: sp1 de-restriction box of tricks????

Post by benny hedges »

just get a power commander3 and some dyno time, proper map, away you go :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Not a big difference, you might see an extra couple of horse power and it's only in 2nd and 3rd gear from what I can make out. If you were racing on track and you needed eveysmall advantage there was I'd say go for it but for a road going bike I'd rather my money went towards good suspension.
A power commander will give you a lot more, put your money towards a custom map. The SP1 can give some great gains :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Pete.L wrote:I'd say go for it but for a road going bike I'd rather my money went towards good suspension.
That's the only mod (although I stuck some cans on :twisted:) I'd consider with the SP.
SP1's rock!
IgorVigor

Post by IgorVigor »

A lot of bikes cant actually make full power in the lower gears (some its just 1st, others its 1st to 4th!)

That box basically de-restricts it so it can make full power...

I wouldnt personally bother with it on a SP :S

Just do the PC3...

Some dirt bikes come with a similar system (The Suzuki DRZ400S/SM comes with a solenoid that past a certain throttle position, it opens and allows atmospheric air pressure to get to the carb slide)
Its either there to meet emissions and/or to stop you looping the bike :S