My toy nears completion

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
bealsey

Re: My toy nears completion

Post by bealsey »

Manxman wrote:
bealsey wrote:Yeah i know how ya feel mate, cant wait till i get mine out on the road! My only gripe with your bike is - Paint your headers with some BBQ paint to match the blackness and maybe flip your headlight brackets so they are a bit lower ( I know - opinions are like arseholes and all that!) :thumbup:
Painted the headers last weekend in black. And as for the headlights, i left them that high to take the eye of the ignition switch. But result today, my mate has just GIVEN me a set of forks and top and bottom yokes of a 2007 zx10r. So with a bit of fettling it will have a different front end on by the end of the summer.
Sweet, gotta love mates like that, I don't know what to do with my front forks, they are pretty pitted with some little spots of rust! The ignition switch is huge, still trying to find a decent place for that and the spaghetti they call wiring!
garymitch

Post by garymitch »

nice bike. best colour. stelth black :thumbup:
IgorVigor

Post by IgorVigor »

Just an idea, couldnt you fit the ignition switch to a custom plate where the coolant overflow bottle is as standard?

it would be out the way and the wiring could be run on the inside of the frame out of site...

as long as you relocate or fit a custom overflow bottle...
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

IgorVigor wrote:Just an idea, couldnt you fit the ignition switch to a custom plate where the coolant overflow bottle is as standard?

it would be out the way and the wiring could be run on the inside of the frame out of site...

as long as you relocate or fit a custom overflow bottle...
Thanks for the idea but now fitted with a ZX10r front end so ignition switch is no longer. Piccys to follow :thumbup:
garymitch

Post by garymitch »

cana wait to see it. :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

garymitch wrote:cana wait to see it. :thumbup:
Yes I agree, photo's needed now you have the ZX10r front end :) Mind you it's looking pretty good before fitting them :D

Chris.