Help Please!!!!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Giddsy

Help Please!!!!!

Post by Giddsy »

Right so I have been trying to balance my carbs today using one of those ball gauge devices.

However I seemed to have now created a bigger problem and I don't know how.

Basically it will no longer rev instead it just conks out.

I have done no synchronisation and all I have done is cut the fuel vacuum line and place a 5mm hose connector in. The only thing I can think is that I did lubricate this with some spit to get the pipe back on. Is it possible that I have introduced water into the fuel system? I have no idea how little or much would be required to cause a problem.

I also removed the scott oiler from the vacuum take off on the right hand side (there is a spiggot in it) and I placed the tube from the gauge. I then sucked on this to see if it was tight seal... mmm tasty petrol vapours!

That is all I have done and as I say it will no longer rev and the idle is much lower and less smooth...

Any help or ideas gratefully received!

Cheers,

James
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Help Please!!!!!

Post by sirch345 »

If you removed the vacuum pipe from the back of the fuel tap, have you reconnected it to the correct outlet :?: The bottom outlet is a drainage hole only.

Out of interest did you actually balance the carbs successfully before this happened :?:

Chris.

Oops I now see you've not balanced the carbs at all.
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Thanks for the quick response Chris.... I think you might have hit the nail on the head there... I'll go and check... :oops:
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Brilliant, thanks Chris you were right...

Carbs synched and all running sweet now.. :beer:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Giddsy wrote:Brilliant, thanks Chris you were right...

Carbs synched and all running sweet now.. :beer:
I think we need a poll on here to ask who actually HASN'T done that at some stage :crazy:

Its always a relief when the solution is so simple though.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

TUG

Post by TUG »

I didnt do that... lol then again its my job, and fiting scottoilers and syncing is a common occuranc, trust me you get used to it so don't worry.
When i first synced carbs i undid one of the balance screws and lost it briefly :shifty: but now i can sync carbs in 5 mins or so maybe less.
Practice my friend. :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Giddsy,
Glad to hear you got it sorted :thumbup:

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

TUG wrote:I didnt do that... lol then again its my job, and fiting scottoilers and syncing is a common occuranc, trust me you get used to it so don't worry.
When i first synced carbs i undid one of the balance screws and lost it briefly :shifty: but now i can sync carbs in 5 mins or so maybe less.
Practice my friend. :thumbup:
I can't even warm my engin in five minutes, Mind if I don't let you near mine :p

:wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal