just purchased vtr in glasgow this sites sticker was on it

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
darrenbiker

just purchased vtr in glasgow this sites sticker was on it

Post by darrenbiker »

Hello all.... just bought a stunning VTR from a bloke in glasgow is fantastic, the reg is R66*UNN. just wondered if it belonged to anyone on here cause the site sticker was on the lower fairing. will add pics soon.

Darren.
benny hedges

Re: just purchased vtr in glasgow this sites sticker was on

Post by benny hedges »

nice one m8 - i'm sure the previous owner will pop up sooner or later - along with some history on the bike and any mods it's had.
chances are you've got a well sorted machine there!

have a browse around - some good info here and a top bunch of riders :beer:

have a look in sales & wants - bet it's in there!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
darrenbiker

Post by darrenbiker »

found pics of it already...best bike i ever had and i had loads including a fireblade 929, bandit 1200 and sv650 to name a few.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome to the forum matey :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

darrenbiker wrote:Hello all.... just bought a stunning VTR from a bloke in glasgow is fantastic, the reg is R66*UNN. just wondered if it belonged to anyone on here cause the site sticker was on the lower fairing. will add pics soon.

Darren.
8O Hey Darren ,that was my bike :!: :!:

The chap i sold it to was from near Glasgow ,i canny jist remember where though ,maybe Bellshill?

It was a good bike at the time ,and i'm sure the fella i sold it to (Stevie) would've taken care of it.

I ended up buying a Bandit 1200s ,its a decent bike ,with torque aplenty ,but i did like my 'storm.

When i sold it i had spent a pound or two on it ,ie new cam-chain tensioners ,battery and the reg/rec was changed.

Gid stuff mate 8)

Here's a pic of the old girl when i owned her ,more in the 'pimp your ride' section.

Stevie
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

bikerpiker wrote:
darrenbiker wrote:Hello all.... just bought a stunning VTR from a bloke in glasgow is fantastic, the reg is R66*UNN. just wondered if it belonged to anyone on here cause the site sticker was on the lower fairing. will add pics soon.

Darren.
Welcome to the site Darren..ABB :wave:

8O Hey Darren ,that was my bike :!: :!:

The chap i sold it to was from near Glasgow ,i canny jist remember where though ,maybe Bellshill?

It was a good bike at the time ,and i'm sure the fella i sold it to (Stevie) would've taken care of it.

I ended up buying a Bandit 1200s ,its a decent bike ,with torque aplenty ,but i did like my 'storm.

When i sold it i had spent a pound or two on it ,ie new cam-chain tensioners ,battery and the reg/rec was changed.

Gid stuff mate 8)

Here's a pic of the old girl when i owned her ,more in the 'pimp your ride' section. Awwww, memories BP, I'm not too sure why you never got another one, as you obviously miss her.. :sad2 Image
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Mon May 31, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
darrenbiker

Post by darrenbiker »

hey all, thanks for the welcome.

yeah that was him stevie nice chap from bellshill. i was impressed the second i clapped eyes on it......i had a bandit 1200 before this well with a blade inbetween lol...glad you took care of it do u know when the valve clearences were last done?
i notice your from ayr i used to live in dalrymple for a while was down on the bike today visiting my pal
Darren.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Hi Darren,
im not in Ayr ,i'm in Fenwick ,just ootside Kilmarnock . Are you in Glasgow?

Sorry mate,i've no idea when the valve clearances were done ,but i'm almost certain it had fsh when i bought it . I think every mot was with the bike also. The swing-arm /,rear suspension linkage was stripped and regreased as well,so it should be ok for ages.I had also done the fork seals with new oil .
Did you get a ABBA stand i made with the bike ? If you did,it's a handy bit of kit .
Stevie
darrenbiker

Post by darrenbiker »

thanks for the info you're being a great help, doesnt seem much for me to do. maybe gonna put the clip ons on to see how i find that but quite like the sitting up position but a bit blowy cause im a tall git lol. got the stand and a bag of assorted bits to.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

darrenbiker wrote:thanks for the info you're being a great help, doesnt seem much for me to do. maybe gonna put the clip ons on to see how i find that but quite like the sitting up position but a bit blowy cause im a tall git lol. got the stand and a bag of assorted bits to.
That'll be the stand and the bag of bits i gave the fella !

Where was it advertised mate ? ,i dont remember seeing it on Gumtree or Ebay .

If you're local gis a shout for a ride-oot sometime,was at Glennifer Braes and Largs today :)
Stevie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Darren :thumbup: Really great for you to turn up with Stevie's old bike. (may be not quite so great for Stevie, as I think he misses her really :wink: )

I bet you didn't expect that Stevie :)

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup: :wave:
SP1's rock!