West Scotland on a sunny April day Sorry RedstormV lol

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

bikerpiker

Re: West Scotland on a sunny April day Sorry RedstormV l

Post by bikerpiker »

escocia wrote:Just posting to say hello and to confirm that I am indeed the guy with the camera in Stevie's picture. Apparently I also appear in some other pics Stevie has posted in the past.
I suppose you could play a wee game of "spot the zzr owner on the honda forum"
Bryan.
P.S. my son has a fireblade, if that scores me some points on here. :D
Hello Bryan 8O ...aboot time as well :lol:
Stevie
darrenbiker

Post by darrenbiker »

i think i just purchased the red vtr in some of the pics
strachg

Post by strachg »

Hi Mate, i live in Erskine so im up that way all the time, did you go over the military road and the washboard. Gota love they 2 roads.

Graham
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

darrenbiker wrote:i think i just purchased the red vtr in some of the pics
Aye,my old bike ,ya lucky bugger :wink:

Welcome matey :)
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

strachg wrote:Hi Mate, i live in Erskine so im up that way all the time, did you go over the military road and the washboard. Gota love they 2 roads.

Graham
Yes mate ,i've been over the road ,if its the one i'm thinking of it's single-track mostly and gravely in parts,it brings you out just south of Arrochar.

We go up that way a lot as well ,usually by Gourock/Dunoon ferry ,to avoid the motorway section . :)
Stevie
strachg

Post by strachg »

will watch out for you im on a blue storm
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

nice piccys stevie :thumbup: lookin forward to my 5 day tour of scotland even more now! heading up on 14th july for a mon to fri blat round, so some good routes to play on would be good :thumbup: we're staying at seton sands near edinbrough (haven site) 8) hope the people next to us like the sound of an SP and storm cracking up in the mornings :twisted: :lol:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

marravtr wrote:nice piccys stevie :thumbup: lookin forward to my 5 day tour of scotland even more now! heading up on 14th july for a mon to fri blat round, so some good routes to play on would be good :thumbup: we're staying at seton sands near edinbrough (haven site) 8) hope the people next to us like the sound of an SP and storm cracking up in the mornings :twisted: :lol:

Marra ,the pics on this thread are a year old ,not that it makes any difference ,i mean the scenery and places wont have changed :)

Right ,noo i'm stumped,.......you are asking for routes......well, it would take me like 3 days to work oot something on 'google maps' ,lol ,i allways make an butt of it ,but basically all you need to do is point those bikes in any direction and go :!: (except into the sea)

Fort william ,Oban ,Glencoe ,Kinlochleven ,Inveraray ,Killin ,Aberfeldy ,Aberfoyle to Callander (Dukes Pass) ,Pitlochry ,.......even Mallaig on the west coast is possible for a day trip ,and well worth doing ,Cupasoop done it last year from here .

Isle of Skye and further north ie Ullapool ,Applecross (pass of the cattle)would probably be better with an overnight stay ,but really i'd head to those places i've listed ,or further north / north-west.

Ps ,...South around the Moffat ,Selkirk and St Marys Loch area ,taking in Wanlockhead ,the Dalveen Pass and Mennock Pass ,is good for a day out as well from Seton Sands quite easily :thumbup:

..........and seein as you normally bring the rain up here ,if its too wet to ride the bikes ,you can always go to Edinburgh Zoo ,the Castle ,the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Dungeon :lol: :wink:
Stevie
strachg

Post by strachg »

Heres some routes our club uses http://www.erskinemcc.org/routes.htm