bar risers

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tony.wilde1

bar risers

Post by tony.wilde1 »

am thinking about raising the bars.cos my wrists are aching. :roll: i know theres a few ways round it.crown replacement,£145.gemar risers 100?or L shape risers £66.any one tell me whats the best route?cheers :wink:
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Tony,

I've had experience only with the GenMars, which raise the bars 19mm and give you a little more fore/aft angle adjustment. You can achieve the same thing by just raising your bars up the fork tubes.

Some other options are to fit some bars off another bike. VFR ones fit and are slightly higher than the VTR ones, and I believe some CBR ones fit as well.

Whatever you do, you'll find they interfere with the fairing and/or tank. With the GenMars, the high/low light switch contacts the underside of the left-hand fairing at full lock, turning the headlight to high beam. Otherwise, they're fine, and high enough that it takes the weight off my wrists. The angle still isn't ideal though.

If I could, I'd go for something multi-adjustable like Convertibars (do a Google search to find these).

- Ian in EnZed
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
tony.wilde1

bars and stuff

Post by tony.wilde1 »

thanks mate.ill have a look around and see what occurs..if i go too high it means changing all the hoses . also i dont want to have to cut the fairing either.the bikes comfortable on a run..but two up and in traffic its a real pain....by the way how yer getting on with the ape adjusters?got mine through this morning and will be fitting them this weekend.cheers!
tony.wilde1

risers

Post by tony.wilde1 »

ive found the site for convertibars

http://www.convertibars.com/checkit.cfm

seems like an excellent idea!!cheers!

the video on there shows what to do too!!great!
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

tony.wilde 1

Looked at the video and and it was a very smart design. I have a set of Helibars mounted on my bike.

http://www.helibars.com/

They fit straight on and does not hit the fairing, but they are not adjustable. Both bars are ready prepared for the bike and no drilling or any modification is necceasry. I bought them from Helibars and they sent them with courier mail, so I had them in only a couple of days.

BTWY. Just checked their homepage and I see the model they are offering now is modified and not so good looking as the ones I bought from them. Price USD 239.
I shall see if I can find a picture and post it.
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

Hi, tony.wilde1

The picture of of my right hand side Helibar.

tony.wilde1

helibars

Post by tony.wilde1 »

thanks for the reply and pic mate..do they really stop yer back and wrists aching like the site says?what they like in traffic and two up?it just doesnt seem(on paper)like theyre high or back enough?cheers mate!!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

If you've got an earlier model (<2001) it might be worth looking at the standard bars from a later model, as they are slightly higher. Depends how much extra height you need.
Regards, Squirrel.
tony.wilde1

bars

Post by tony.wilde1 »

i have a 1997 model squirrel.do you know how much higher the later bars are?thanks.