2010 Operation storm ride out

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

jedi

2010 Operation storm ride out

Post by jedi »

We had a great day out this year, so looking forward to next year but we need more Storms, SP1's SP2's let's make it the biggest ever group of these lovely bikes and be proud. Lets have alot of names next year perhaps we can meet somewhere in the middle so its fair to everyone and everyone can go. :clap: :thumbup: :wave:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: 2010 Operation storm ride out

Post by Pete.L »

On the first one I ever went on we had 40+ Storms and a few others. That was back in 2003. Talk about rolling thunder :mrgreen:
Anyone else still about from that meet, I know a few are.
It would be great to get near those numbers again. :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Just make a date and location and stick to it. Many will say they are coming only to drop out but you cant please everyone all of the time.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

i'll be up for it :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
andy c

Post by andy c »

Im up for that
Pete.L wrote:On the first one I ever went on we had 40+ Storms and a few others. That was back in 2003. Talk about rolling thunder :mrgreen:

Pete.l
If that was the one when we all got split up on the way to worcester and ended up in stratford on avon I was there and so was Andy H
donk

Post by donk »

Let me know where and when, i will bring 15 other bikers from work!! Why don't you come over to scarborough????? :biggrin
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Mmmmmmm fish n chips!!! 8)
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Count another in, after a taster of 5, I cant imagine what it would be like with upto 40 or more.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Pete.L wrote:On the first one I ever went on we had 40+ Storms and a few others. That was back in 2003. Talk about rolling thunder :mrgreen:

Pete.l
Pete do oyu have any pictures you can post of the meet back in `03
jedi

Post by jedi »

donk wrote:Let me know where and when, i will bring 15 other bikers from work!! Why don't you come over to scarborough????? :biggrin
That will be great mate another 15 storms all at your work that's amazing, good job it's just a ride out for firestorms

Jed :thumbup:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

andy c wrote:Im up for that

Pete.l
If that was the one when we all got split up on the way to worcester and ended up in stratford on avon I was there and so was Andy H
That's the one!
When we all started up the hotel emptied to see what was going on. I was grinning like a loon and giggling like a little girl under my lid. :lol:

Bazza,
I'll have a look and see what I can find. Most were on the original firstorm server but that's been done away with now.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
jedi

Post by jedi »

Timbo wrote:
jedi wrote:
donk wrote:Let me know where and when, i will bring 15 other bikers from work!! Why don't you come over to scarborough????? :biggrin
That will be great mate another 15 storms all at your work that's amazing, good job it's just a ride out for firestorms

Jed :thumbup:
Jed, he said 15 bikers, not 15 storms :)

And since when were these rideouts for Storms only? There are a lot of members on here still that no longer own Storms, are we excluded? I have had 3 storms and that is how i know this place and the people here. Excluding non-storm owners will go down like a lead fart but hey, its your rideout so up to you.
Bloody hell, :mad2 I think my head is still on I did not want to upset anyone. I'm new on here and thought it was a firestorm site as It says at the top of the page FIRESTORM UK.I am not Excluding anybody I just thought it would be nice to get all these lovely bikes together. I'm very sorry if I upset anybody I love all bikes and have been on many ride outs with other bikes. I didn't expect my head to be bitten off. For those who do know me on here you know what kind of person I am. If you want to cancel me out of the ride out the for next year I will understand. jed :thumbdown:
donk

Post by donk »

Oh Timbo, we all love you so much!!!
jedi

Post by jedi »

Timbo wrote:Jed,

Wind your neck in mate :) wasnt having a go, was merely asking a question, sorry if you thought i was, guess you dont know me so well yet :) I am blunt to say the least :eh:

The wording of your post implies Storms only, i was pointing out that there are a lot of non-storm riders here now as a lot of us have been around for a few years and moved on from Storms but not from this, the friendliest forum most of us have come across. I know you are new here so u may not know what a lot of us ride, but there are a few ex-stormers still around (including one of the admins and the site owner), and that is down to the kind of people we get on here, a friendlier bunch i have not met elsewhere.

And as i stated, it is your ride out, so it is up to you who is invited along. If you only want Storms there, thats fine, but you will get a lot more if its open to all. Most of the rideouts we have arranged are spread out to members here and any of their mates that want to come along, always makes for a good mix. And as response to rideouts has been limited of late, i would keep it open.

Oh and i am always up for a ride out, so i will be up for this one when it happens.

Sorry if you felt i had severed your heed, hopefully it is now firmly back in place where it belongs :thumbup:

Timbo.
Thank you for your reply, but I was told about this forum from a friend because I was so fed up with people on other places taking the piss out of what kind of bike I ride. When I found this forum I thought great a forum on the bike I ride, hence Firestorm, so I had no idea that it was other bikes as well. You see I don't see the point in calling a site firestorm if it has other bikes that are not, it's like going to a rock 'n' roll party and turning up as a mod (nothing in common) why not call it All Bikes UK. Before someone slates me I have many friends with all kind of bikes as I had no idea there were other bikes I invited storms to the ride out thinking this is what the site was about just for storms, people with storms, or as you can see I said SP1s and SP2s. I am well known by many bikers as I do alot for my fellow bikers as I have a very large van and when a biker breaks down they call me and if I'm not working or out on my bike I go and pick them up free of charge, the only thing I ask of them is to cover my petrol money. The thing is mate we are all bikers at heart. At the end of the day I appreciate that there are X storm riders on here but how was i supposed to know this. As for the ride out It's not just my ride out so not to cause any trouble and as your friend said "Oh we love you Timbo" as your loved so much I have decided not to go on the ride out and have nothing more to do with them. Shame really cause Iv'e just meet a nice bunch of guys on the last ride out and they all had storms
theflyingpig

Post by theflyingpig »

Just for bikes then?

Sorry trying to be funny, I'm on this site and I don't even own a bike nor do I have a bike license. Can't even ride a push bike anymore, to afraid.

If you want some support (the 4 wheeled kind), and if I've got any spare time, I'd be up for it.

I can drive anything with more than 2 wheels. Who knows maybe the pope mobile might put in an appearance.

Nx
' :@

Blimey Jedi, shall I pass you a knife so you can cut your nose off. You've missed the point. All who joined this site (apart from me) has had a storm at one point in their lives and also joined this site because they owned a storm at the time. Life changes and so do bikes. Timbo means its your ride out, because you have taken the time to post the suggestion, it means everyone will be guided by you and are looking at you to take the lead. Don't take the hump, mate, that's not what this site is all about. Re-think your post, take a step back and count to 10. Every biker wants to ride with other bikers, its more fun. Nx