Grape Run result. Pictures

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Beamish

Grape Run result. Pictures

Post by Beamish »

Well, first back and what can I say........ 737 miles in two days. On the way up there were gales and flying debris :eek2 had to ride at 40 degrees on the A1 just to stay on line. If you overtook something there was no guarantee you were going to be able to get back in (Eh Iggy :lol: ). On the way back the sun was out the roads were dry and the SP was singing. Accidently :oops: got into a three way blast with an R1 and a Gixxer thou.......Jedborough to newcastle in ** mins :twisted: (hence the remarkable arrival time at home). Here are some pictures for all to laugh at (sorry about the SP bias :D ).

Iggys Bonne

The gang on the way over the border.

Dave worries about the bill.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice Silver Storm in the background. The owner was a great bloke he will hopefully register on here (he has been on before)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
bikerpiker

Re: Grape Run result. Pictures

Post by bikerpiker »

Good pics Jim 8O

Who's is the silver 'storm ...and whits up with dave's bike,was it a puncture ? :(

Take it you guys came home yerselves today,..i got a text from Rich from Grantown on Spey.
Stevie
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Dave had a puncture, the Silver Storm belonged to a guy from Hunstanton who I just happened to bump into at the border. I had to come home today because of work, the rest are there till tuesday I think.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers for the pic's Jim :thumbup: Glad too hear you've got back home safely.

That's quite some miles in two days.

I take it Dave wanted two sugar's :wink:

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Cool piccys mate.

Looks like you all had a good time despite the puncture.
SP1's rock!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Beamish wrote:I had to come home today because of work, the rest are there till tuesday I think.
Nope, I'm back as well. The other 3 are still up there. Missed a good run on Sunday Jim, Dave's tyre is well and truly scrubbed in now.

I forgot my camera but got a couple of shots on my phone, I'll stick them up tomorrow.
Rich.

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yep..... I thought I might. Work stops play yet again. Had a great ride back though, used the 68 all the way to Newcastle instead of the humps to Corebridge. Fantastic bit of road into Pontypond.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I knew my pics were sh1t but here they are anyway

The Colin McRea memorial rally were holding a special forest stage right next to the hotel. I hung about the car park and watched a few of them go past (before I got bored and went into the bar for a heat)

Dad Jimmy in a Cossie

Iggy and Timbo outside Marty and Normas house on Sunday morning. Sorry for spoiling your long lie in

Dave outside Marty and Normas house

Fag break at the Glenshee ski slopes. Dont let the blue skys and sun fool you.....it was bitterly cold (or so the southern softies kept telling me)

And just for Dave (who claimed they were all hiding from him), here's a pic of a red squirrel I took a couple of years ago

Cant say we have too many stories to tell although we almost had a 4 bike pile up due to a couple of Ospreys (according to the locals) fighting over a dead thing in the middle of the road. These ZRX's have a surprising amount of engine braking, dont they Tim?
Rich.

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I was watching the weather and thinking of you Guys. It kept saying gales and storms were expected but it didn't mention a Bonnie or a Kwacker.
Great pics Guys, glad it wasn't all wet.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

All back safe and well, Torrential rain from York to hull made life very interesting, water got into my electrics and had to do some road side repairs!!!!!

Other than that I had a great weekend and great to see Martin and Norma in such good spirits and thanks to Jim, Rich Tim and Dave for some good company.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Thanks Tim, I thought I was ok but I still have a numb right arm :eek2 The SP ran perfect and there was plenty of room on the plank to move about and ease the pain Dont know what the hell has happened to my arm must be a case of arm pump :lol:
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

tell you what, looking at these piccys 8) and even tho my trip to scotland in august pissed it down all the time :roll: , i am thinking of giving the TT a miss next yr and just getting on the bike and heading up for a weeks touring! no route just ride and see where i end up at the end of the day (wild hogs styleeee) :lol: , even B&B every nite would be a big saving on what the TT costs! anyone fancy a ride out WEEK :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
tattie

Post by tattie »

Glad you all got on ok, gutted I could'nt make it, but enjoyed the pictures.
It does look cold though, mind you I am not surprised, as we had our first snow on the hills up behind us on Sat and yesterday the van screen was frozen solid :eek2.

cheers
A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

There was snow on the hills in the Cairgorms. We didn't take any pictures of them as the roads were just far too good (and empty) to stop and it was bloody freezing. The photo and fag stop at the Lecht must have been the quickest ever recorded. Extremely strong icy northerly wind seen to that.

Did anyone else like those uphill left handers that we came across just after Dave pissed off the old lad in the Volvo? Felt like your left shoulder was almost in the grass.

The Sunday route if anyone's interested.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 469177&z=9
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Good pics lads , well done everybody ,and as said above ,especially Jim doin all those miles on an SP in 2 days , i couldnt , thats for sure(even if i had one) :!:
Stevie