Removing fuel needle from vacuum slide.... HOW??

General Bike chat
Decon

Removing fuel needle from vacuum slide.... HOW??

Post by Decon »

Hey all, I'm new to the board but this looks like as good a place as any to post my question.

Now I'm trying to install a Dynojet kit but I can't figure out how to remove the fuel needle from the vacuum slide. I have a service manual on order but thought I could install the kit without it. Guess I was wrong.

Anyways if anybody know if I need a special tool or if there some trick to removing the needle feel free to share :lol:

Thx for any help
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Decon,

take one of the black philips screws from the plastic carb top (you have already took this off) screw it in to hole at the top by hand a couple of turns then give it a good tug. watch ya don't split the diaphram when holding the slide. you'll have fun putting the carb tops back on to.

Del.
Decon

Post by Decon »

Thx for the tip, but after banging my head off the wall for a while I figured it out.

And the Dynojet springs are about 1/2 the length of the stock springs and are easy as pie to install :D

Taking the air box off and removing the carbs on the other hand was not!! But after a few chose word and bending my finger in way I didn't think was possible I was finished