Hi

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
choo choo

Hi

Post by choo choo »

Hi guys, wot a great site this is with lots of info & stuff... keep up the good work :thumbup:
I,m riding a 03 plate storm at the moment but unfortunately i had cct failure on the rear cylinder which took the two exhaust valves with it :( and i'm also not happy with the way the intake valves are sitting :evil:
Now i've seen two complete rear cylinder head units for sale for under £60 on ebay but they are from the earlier model and both the sellers don't know whether they will fit the later model.
So my question to you guys is..... will it fit!

Thanks guys :thumbup:
Last edited by choo choo on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Hi

Post by Pete.L »

Yep! it'll fit :D
:D Welcome Aboard :D
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hopefulyy there are no other injuries and you'll be back on the road in no time :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
choo choo

Post by choo choo »

Pete.L wrote:Yep! it'll fit :D
:D Welcome Aboard :D
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hopefulyy there are no other injuries and you'll be back on the road in no time :thumbup:

Pete.l
Top answer... thanks Pete :thumbup:
By the way is there any do's & don't i need to know about when fitting the new/used cylinder!!!
Thanks
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Personally I'd look into getting a price on reparing the original head. It all depends on the condition of what you've got, Just the thought of wondering if the cam journals are worn or the condition of the bore on a head you haven't seen would give me pause for thought. Could you just have some new valves and guides ground in on the old one? Might be a thought.
Changing the head will be no different than reinstalling the old one. Just look up the timing alignment on here as opposed to the Haynes manual. Many a folk have ended up with timing 180 degrees about face :wink2 Whichever way you go, best of luck
Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
choo choo

Post by choo choo »

Pete.L wrote:Personally I'd look into getting a price on reparing the original head. It all depends on the condition of what you've got, Just the thought of wondering if the cam journals are worn or the condition of the bore on a head you haven't seen would give me pause for thought. Could you just have some new valves and guides ground in on the old one? Might be a thought.
Changing the head will be no different than reinstalling the old one. Just look up the timing alignment on here as opposed to the Haynes manual. Many a folk have ended up with timing 180 degrees about face :wink2 Whichever way you go, best of luck
Pete.l
Thanks Pete for your advice but the exhaust valves are so bent that i can't even get them out using a valve spring compressor!!! :wtf:
So i'm having to go by the good word & honesty of the ebay sellers :D
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome :thumbup:

Looks like Pete's answered your question!
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Choo Choo :thumbup:

If you still want to check the different years cylinder heads to see if they're all the same, you can check part numbers here:-

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Mod ... Make/Honda

Good luck with it,

Chris.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

ow do matey :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........