Re: Tax Discs - can they be replaced?

Post by Jbrebel »

That Trumpet looks lovely BP :)

Very nice bike :wink:
SP1's rock!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Cheers ,i liked it ,it got me back into biking after a good few years without one.
That old bike was pretty fast ,1000cc/ 4cylinder, i read they had high compression pistons and "hot" cams .
Certainly as fast as my 'storm and was as fast as my mates 02 Bandit 1200 . Heavy bugger though ,but on the move you didn't notice the weight.
Stevie
coledog

Post by coledog »

our number plates in oz are only about 6inches by 3inches, not billboards like in uk and we are supposed to display our proof of registration sticker $50 fine if not shown but i havent had a sticker on any of my bikes for over 12 years cops are to daft to notice :eh:
Matt Black 04 model
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

FirestormMike wrote:What amazes me is the fact you have to show a tax disc, but not something like an insurance / MOT disc. No insurance or MOT carry far worse penalties.
What amazes me/annoys me is the amount of cars i see with up to 4 cycles on a rack ,COMPLETELY obscuring the number plate ,and we get pulled for things like having number plates a tiny bit smaller than the standard size,and not displaying tax,for fear of the disc gettin pinched ,when our bikes ARE taxed .

I saw loads of cars an 4x4's with bike racks when i drove home from Dorset,and it got me thinking about bikers being pulled for having small plates ,when these cyclists have NO number plate on display,ie not one had a trailer board fitted.

I'm not against cycling,infact i think it's great,and anything that gets kids away from the house and computers is good ,imo,but the police seem to be turning a blind eye to this problem,as although there were plenty police on the motorways,i never saw anyone with bike racks ,and whos numberplates wern't visible,being stopped.
You can be rest assured though,if that had been a biker ,with a small plate ,good chance he wouldve been pulled up for it :!:
Stevie