wat air filter?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
bluelou

wat air filter?

Post by bluelou »

hello and thank you all for your advice :wave: wat do you reckon is the best air filter 2 go for :confused standard,k and n, or pipercross? currently bike standard i have a dynojet kit to fit , have been running it on art racecans which may b noisy but giving me better mpg , with no ill effects, standard cans r back on bike for the mot but id like to fit the dynojet kit n race cans,im not sure wat filter would provide best reasults :confused .dynojet seem to sugest standard filter but i just not 2 sure wat set up would work best :problem: :problem: :problem:
coledog

Re: wat air filter?

Post by coledog »

I like K&N, But others may have more tech. advice.
Matt Black 04 model
Razor

Post by Razor »

I've allways used K&N filters, not sure if they're any better than other makes.
One reason I don't put standard air filters on is that K&N might a bit more expensive but they're reusable, give 'em a wash re-oil and chuck them back in, saves money in the long run.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I ran a K&N in mine but I've heard loads stick with standard air filters.

K&N's can create an airbox "cough" or make an on going one worse-more so at low rpm.
SP1's rock!
bluelou

Post by bluelou »

will a k&n have a negative effect on a standard setup , currently she been a royal pain in the butt :mad2 :mad2 :mad2 replaced battery, plugs ,stripped carbs.checked regulator and charging circuit all spot on . totaly convinced air filter to blame , i got art race cans and a dynojet kit to fit, but she standard at the moment as waitin to sort mot out ,
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Check by leaving air filter out, and give it a quick run down the road.
Engine won't ingest much dust etc on a half-mile run to check it.
Put the airbox top back on, though.

You should be able to notice an immediate difference if you're right about the filter.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bluelou

Post by bluelou »

your quite right m8, no filter n she startin n runnin well just got to sort new filter,get a mot n im back on the road :thumbup: :thumbup: