Re: FORUM MEET-UP, SCOTLAND, 8-9th AUGUST

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

kevg

Post by kevg »

where in Moffat are you thinkin of, we've just had a sickness bug in the family so i had to take a couple of days off, might be hard for me to get any time off so soon now, but if i try for the friday monday i need to know where and when as we will be bringing the family down from aberdeen
cheerz

kev
mwross1964

Post by mwross1964 »

All my biker friends are supposed to be camping at st.marys loch sat 8th.Its in memory of one of our friends who died of cancer earlier this year.They are having a run around then camping over at the loch,would be great if I make it (if the bike is fixed by then!) and get to meet some of you at last.

I will keep you all posted
anything with wheels or tits is gonna cost ya money.
but who needs money
WireWalker

Post by WireWalker »

I don't mind being out in the rain, I owned a courier company for a few years in the eighties and have rode down from Aberdeen with ice forming on my knees and all the extraneous edges on the bike, mirrors etc.

The real trick is not giving a monkeys about the condition of your bike, but as most of us do care this won't be the news folks are wanting to hear.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8173533.stm

The Weather service predictions have been pants this year again and I was annoyed when I saw the announcements back in April, some of the presenters looked so smug you'd have thought they invented sunshine and now it's not happening according to their script they say our expectations were too high!

I think the chances of everyone staying dry on the way to the gathering would be slim.
"The future is Orange"
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

There's "stuff" going on at home at the moment so I'm a doubtful.
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I'm doubtfull too.....cos i'm still on holiday with wifey, but i'm ok for the 15th Aug Campbeltown run the following Sat,as i had it provisionally booked with her indoors,well i had the date free cos it was meant to be the Ulster gp i was thinkin of going to

So.......about Moffat...if i can manage, i will go.

anyway, is it still on?.... Who's going?..... Meeting where? ......is the plan to do the wee run past the St Mary's loch cafe,turn left past cafe, follow road past Meggats Reservoir and Tulla Reservoir ,turn left and good road into Moffat again ? ......Or the Dalveen Pass ?..........what's the plan?..........
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

"a bit of a summer " :? .......it didn't feel like it Sun and Mon,...todays not too bad ,cloudy but around 18c.
Actually ,yer right.....up here has been good up till now,....a wee while back it seemed like weeks of 20c-25c we got.

I came home from Dorset on Sat night and was frozen,had to put the bloody heating on,temp down there was not as good as in previous years either,not too bad though at 17-22 degrees C,and only a couple of short showers all week. A woman shopkeeper did say their weather had not been good up till then.

I'll keep watchin this thread,see whit happens, i might manage to show up for an hour or two :)
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Mike ,is that the B709 from just up past St Mary's loch,all the way to Langholm ? Is that the road you're taking homeward ?

If i did manage to go ,i'd prob leave St Mary's loch with you guys and turn off at Langholm to head North again ,..that would be around 250 miles round trip for me , don't want to do much more than that ,cos of the Mull Of Kintyre run were doing next Sat ,which is a longer run.

I'm trying to rally the troops together from this end :wink:
Stevie
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I'm upgrading myself from a "doubtful" to a "possibly maybe every chance of it happening".

The wee cafe at St Mary's loch for ice cream sounds like a plan. :Bike: My front calipers need some serious tlc as braking can best be described as sh1t. No fast stuff for me if I dont get around to it before Saturday.
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Gid stuff :thumbup:

Escocia(Bryan) and Blacknek(Ed) look like they might manage to go as well :D
Stevie
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

FirestormMike wrote:Zipper Dave is going to be a good boy and wash the dishes for a few weeks to get permission, so with a bit of luck he'll be there too.
Can I change my mind :wink:
Rich.

cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

cupasoop wrote:
FirestormMike wrote:Zipper Dave is going to be a good boy and wash the dishes for a few weeks to get permission, so with a bit of luck he'll be there too.
Can I change my mind :wink:
Actually, I've got a bone to pick with him.......I'll be there
Rich.

mwross1964

Post by mwross1964 »

Aw fer f**k sake, :mad2
I live about 25-30 mins from st.marys loch but I'm working sat and won't get home till back of six....................everybody will be gone by then f**K f**K f**K, still wont get to meet anyone!! :thumbdown:

Mark.
anything with wheels or tits is gonna cost ya money.
but who needs money
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Upgrading myself to a definitely.

I'm heading down to Hartside for about 10.30 to get some grub and meet Timbo and Mike. I'll see the rest of you at Moffet (or is it the St Marys Loch cafe?)
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I'm not sure where were meeting?...or indeed an accurate time to meet...that could be the difficult bit :!:

Might just be me from this end now ,i havn't heard from Ed yet, or Bryan....prob should be ok with them though though.

Im a definitely to go as well,...i'm in the wifes good books now :thumbup: ,i took her to Loch Lomond ,we popped into the "Kilted Skirlie" for lunch :!:
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

cupasoop wrote:Upgrading myself to a definitely.

I'm heading down to Hartside for about 10.30 to get some grub and meet Timbo and Mike. I'll see the rest of you at Moffet (or is it the St Marys Loch cafe?)
Glen Cafe ,St Mary's Loch, -- http://www.glencafe.co.uk/

Ok , nae probs........i'll give Bryan a phone in the mornin,cos he's workin right now,and hopefully Ed(Blacknek) will open my PM soon,then i'll find out what i'm doing.......i dont think i'll be going to Hartside though ,too far for me wi my dodgy back ,especially when weve got the Campbeltown run next Sat.
Stevie