hello peeps

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
bikerpiker

Re: hello peeps

Post by bikerpiker »

hondasrock wrote:
Seven Of Nine Firestorm wrote:WTTC :D

Edit:- Is that SS (Stainless Steel ) downpipes I can see there too ?
thanks for the comments. Actually not SS, I'm just a little bit anal about cleaning, including the down pipes. A little bit of time with the old autosol brings them up quite nicely :plainsmile the rest gets cleaned and polished after every ride (time and wife allowing :wink2 ) Auto glym super resin polish followed by auto glym extra shine protection-brings it up like new :D
I was under the impression the complete standard Honda set up,ie downpipes and can, was all stainless ,though not of a great quality :?
Stevie
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

hondasrock wrote:whats going on with your front brakes, is it some kind of radial mount mod? I'm also keen to change the indicators (i'm sure the standard ones can be seen from space they're soooo big :lol: ) did the MOT testers have any issues with the ones you had?
Had no issues with indicators. The were E marked anyway.

The brake mounts were made to accomodate the Firebalde forks I fitted :wink:
SP1's rock!
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

bikerpiker wrote:
hondasrock wrote:
Seven Of Nine Firestorm wrote:WTTC :D

Edit:- Is that SS (Stainless Steel ) downpipes I can see there too ?
thanks for the comments. Actually not SS, I'm just a little bit anal about cleaning, including the down pipes. A little bit of time with the old autosol brings them up quite nicely :plainsmile the rest gets cleaned and polished after every ride (time and wife allowing :wink2 ) Auto glym super resin polish followed by auto glym extra shine protection-brings it up like new :D
I was under the impression the complete standard Honda set up,ie downpipes and can, was all stainless ,though not of a great quality :?
uuuum.....not sure then :confused I was under the impression they were mild steel, but i have been wrong before....ask my wife :lol:
HONDA Firestorm............your all TORQUE you are!
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

Jbrebel wrote:
hondasrock wrote:whats going on with your front brakes, is it some kind of radial mount mod? I'm also keen to change the indicators (i'm sure the standard ones can be seen from space they're soooo big :lol: ) did the MOT testers have any issues with the ones you had?
Had no issues with indicators. The were E marked anyway.

The brake mounts were made to accomodate the Firebalde forks I fitted :wink:
was that an easy mod, make much difference? I have been toying with the idea of fitting progressive springs but to be honest Ive not really had an issue with the front end, its not as sharp as the RR but it seems to go where I point it. maybe i'll think differently after a track day or two, ive heard they can bottom out.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

And he's got another one at the back of the garage, check out the first pic :eek2

Teal for two, anyone?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

hondasrock wrote:was that an easy mod, make much difference?
It did improve the tracking under braking and front end stability imo.

Not difficult at all. You just need to space, tools and any extra parts. It's not as simple to swap RRW forks as RRV's. I went for RRW's.

RWW's ran bigger discs so the calliper mounts are not compatible with a direct VTR wheel/disc swap. You'll need the calliper mounts making (or similar) and new wheel spacers.

You could instead buy bigger discs to fit the VTR wheels with a similar PCD (im sure I looked at RC45's-but they are about £200-£250 for EBC equivalents 8O) or buy a Fireblade front wheel-but the spokes don't match...

Other options are upside down forks off a 929 et al but most others just have forks reworked at Revolution racing. Saves all the hassle of swapping forks and costs less.
SP1's rock!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

tony.mon wrote:And he's got another one at the back of the garage, check out the first pic :eek2

Teal for two, anyone?

:D :D :D Winner of the most observant man on the Forum this week............A job in CSI for the eagle-eyed man :D :D :D
AMcQ
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

tony.mon wrote:And he's got another one at the back of the garage, check out the first pic :eek2

Teal for two, anyone?
:lol: l.o.l I never noticed that before!
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

Jbrebel wrote:
hondasrock wrote:was that an easy mod, make much difference?
It did improve the tracking under braking and front end stability imo.

Not difficult at all. You just need to space, tools and any extra parts. It's not as simple to swap RRW forks as RRV's. I went for RRW's.

RWW's ran bigger discs so the calliper mounts are not compatible with a direct VTR wheel/disc swap. You'll need the calliper mounts making (or similar) and new wheel spacers.

You could instead buy bigger discs to fit the VTR wheels with a similar PCD (im sure I looked at RC45's-but they are about £200-£250 for EBC equivalents 8O) or buy a Fireblade front wheel-but the spokes don't match...

Other options are upside down forks off a 929 et al but most others just have forks reworked at Revolution racing. Saves all the hassle of swapping forks and costs less.
so what sort of money are we talking to rework the forks?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Reworked standard front forks were around the £220 mark at Revolution UK, and can be posted to him with a quick turn around.

Give Roger a ring and have a chat with him, he's a great guy and certainly knows his stuff.

I run a set of his modified forks on my bike, and I can tell you they're certainly worth having done if you intend to keep the bike. The front end is transformed.

Contact details here:- http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk/

Chris.
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

sirch345 wrote:Reworked standard front forks were around the £220 mark at Revolution UK, and can be posted to him with a quick turn around.

Give Roger a ring and have a chat with him, he's a great guy and certainly knows his stuff.

I run a set of his modified forks on my bike, and I can tell you they're certainly worth having done if you intend to keep the bike. The front end is transformed.

Contact details here:- http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk/

Chris.
cheers mate, I will certainly keep it in mind for when the cash flow frees up, bit skint at the mo having just done the jets and cans :?