Maybe a VTR owner

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
hondasrock

Re: Maybe a VTR owner

Post by hondasrock »

Mate you will be fine, Ive come off a CBR600RR onto this and I find it easier to ride, you dont need to rev the knackers off it to get it to move, even with a dynojet kit fitted it still only makes 106 bhp so thats hardly any more power than your average modern 600. Its different to your 750 but not scary! like the others have said just watch your downshifts, give the throttle a littl blip as you shift down to minimise the engine braking. At the end of the day it will only go as fast as your right hand makes it :wink2
HONDA Firestorm............your all TORQUE you are!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

My god!!..........I just looked at the web page on the RD! that was a labour of love , or complete madness. Did you do that or did you buy it like that?

the world needs more people who think like that!

I have a mate up in scotland who thinks the air cooled RD400 is the ideal starting point for a drag racer...........I tell him he is crazy, but I have to respect his devotion and imagination and originality.

I will try and find a photo........it is a thing of beauty but totally pointless

Edit...........Found it

He claims it has 80Bhp at the wheel
AMcQ
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

:D :D :eek2 :eek2 :D :D Bet thats fun to ride!
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'