Welsh Rally anyone?

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

t00lkit

Welsh Rally anyone?

Post by t00lkit »

Me and 2 mates are doing the Welsh Rally on 8th May, any other 'stormers partaking?

P1ssed it down last year, but a good weekend away.

Did it on my Fazer last time, hope I can cope with the vibrations and wrist aches after 13 hours in the 'storms saddle.

I should only have to fill up about 26 times!

See you there?
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

sound like fun, can't do it this year, will be away on hols with family but would be up for it next year.

whats it like............paul
t00lkit

Its like

Post by t00lkit »

Paul

Its like riding from North Wales to the South, via the East, and the on to (you guessed it) the West, end up in Aberyswtyhghoghghoghhg or however you spell it. End up doing about 350miles in the day, after you've arrived at Welshpool for the start (about an 80 mile ride).

Its not just riding though, you get a free lesson in Welsh all the way round, all sign posted are in both languages, plus the signs painted on the roads are in Welsh too, you soon pick up what Slow and School are, oops I've forgot though.

Your supposed to pick up clues around the villages/towns as you go, and hand them in at hte end to prove you've completed the route. But I just end up following my mates picking up a free Advanced Riding lesson as I go along. I learnt more last year in one weekend than I did in the rest of the year.

Anyway thats enough blab,
t00lkit
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

sounds like good fun, sorry to miss it this year but keen for next year, keep posted on the site. Need couple of months notice to requst time off, live in Hull east yorks so even getting to start point will be a trip in itself.
Cheers Paul.
steve trow

sign posts in welsh?

Post by steve trow »

My dad told me when i was a kid when we went camping in wales that the signs were actualy eyetests.................. :roll: :roll: :wink:
t00lkit

Wet and cold

Post by t00lkit »

Got back after doing a total of 550miles, not too bad for a weekend blast.
Cost a few quid in fuel though!

Bike perfromed tremendous, especially that 4th gear rollon/rolloff, only one scary moment when I didn't come off the brakes into a corner.... lift of turn in, around I got.

It never stopped raining the whole time, both pairs of summer gloves sodden. some guy even went round on an SP2, dedicated or what.

I've put a couple of pics in the Rally gallery
Same time nect year.

t00lkit
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
t00lkit

Bugger

Post by t00lkit »

A letter from the North Wales police dropped on the doormat this morning, speeding fine!

Bugger bugger, 41 in a 30 apparently.

It was taken from a mobile camera in the back of an unmarked van somewhere on Angelsey (one of my mates noticed it)

I know its my fault but bugger again!

I prefer the forward facing cameras....

bugger
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.