Scotoiler

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Scotoiler

Post by cupasoop »

Hoping to fit my scotoiler this week and read on a previous thread about funning the feed to the front cog, which sounds likea nice neat way to fit it. After having a looking into it I see thats there's a few pipes running into the cover, hydrolic clutch i guess. Also theres a gasket in there as well. Whats involved in taking this cover off? Am i likely to get clutch fluid all over the place? Is there bleeding involved, apart from spilling my own blood as usual? Am i rambling again?
Rich.

t00lkit

Front or Back?

Post by t00lkit »

Rich

When I installed my 'oiler I ran the drip tube to the front like yourself. But I wanted to a) make it easy to install and b) be able to see it in case it got fouled up. So I ran it in such a way that it drips onto the top of the chain just behind the black metal chain guard, i.e as near to the front as possible. This would save you all of the hassle removing the casings etc.
Seems to work for me, see if anyone else gives you ideas.
Depending on high high you turn it up, you may get some oil down your sidestand when you park up (better than on the back wheel though)

Cheers
t00lkit
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Mines set up exactly as above, the only problem i get is that occassionally it appears as though it slips a bit, and just needs re-positioning over the chain.

otherwise perfectly good positioning. (no drips down the stand on mine either)...
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I gave up in the end and ran the feed to the back sprocket but the bit of the tube i superglued to the chain guard has come off resulting in scotoiler tubing flapping around my left foot. Looks like i'll spend a bit more time on it and route it to the front sprocket after all. For some reason i seem to have more oil coming out of the breather tube than i do out of the feed pipe. Anyone else had this before (first scotoiler i've fitted) or have i just read the instructions upside down? :confused
Rich.

t00lkit

Suggestions

Post by t00lkit »

Cupa

The only suggestion I can make is:
Have you made sure there is no air left in the flexible tube feeding the drip tube. Best way to do it is to open the oiler up fully, connect the Oil container onto the inlet using the connector provider, and squeeze the the in until it starts to drip out of the 'dripper', making sure all air bubbles have passed through.

BTW, where did you pickup the air/vacuum feed to drive the oiler, off the engine or from under the tank? Have you got the correct feed?

t00lkit
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

re - fitting, in all honesty, i had Del fit mine, but he locked wired the spout into position against the frnt of the plastic chain guard, that way it cant move.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Yup, i squeezed the oil through till it dripped out the end (that sound rude) and picked up the thin pipe (as opposed to the 2 thick ones) under the back of the tank. Was gonna go out after work tonight and sort it out but of course it pissed down. Need to get myself a house with a garage.
Rich.

steve trow

beam me up scotty?

Post by steve trow »

I bought one of them dual injectors :wink: looks neat and doesnt suffer from flapping about syndrome. :? It connects to the usual clear tube but its long enough and thin enough( about 1/8 th thick) to pass under the small gap of the chain rub strip on the top of the swinger. I then looped it up near the crud deflector and my main body lies across on a slight angle above the battery. :idea:
This completely hides the ugly thing out of sight and you dont even notice the dual injector :wink: :wink:
Can be a bit tempremental though as finding a happy medium with the flow is a pain in the :arrow: but when working well its on less job to do on that sunny sunday mornin :P
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

IMHO.
Scotoiler is sh1t...
twintin

Post by twintin »

Interesting post petrolhead.....care to expand?
its not rust it's character
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

Thank you. I know.

It is based on hard experience over many years. A lot of my friends have installed Scottoiler or it has been installed when they bought their bikes. So far I haven´t seen one working properly over time. It either gives too much oil or too little oil, or the oil does not hit the chain. A friend also had an incident because the oil hit the rear tire and made the tire slip.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

without wanting to seem pedantic........isnt that simply a case of poor fitting, (sorry to your mate that fell off)

if the spout was fitted/secured right in the first place, it cant pee oil everywhere.......
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

Well many of them were fitted by professional people.
IMVHO they still are sh1t...