Yet another newbie!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
gt250x7

Yet another newbie!

Post by gt250x7 »

Evening all, just joined, i'm currently looking to buy a 'storm so thought i'd sign on here to get all the nuggets of info that i can before taking the plunge
coledog

Re: Yet another newbie!

Post by coledog »

you wont be sorry they are awesome the only colour to get is Matt black but can only get them in OZ hehehe
Matt Black 04 model
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Timbo wrote:Welcome to the forum GT250X7.

Have a look through the workshop section but there are really 2 faults the Storm suffers with, Cam Chain Tensioners (CCTs) and Regulator/Rectifier. There is tons of info on modding them to stop them failing etc, have a browse.
Timbo has covered the main faults and that is really it, apart from those two things they are normally pretty reliable bikes, capable of covering high mileages. Things like suspension can be made better if required and for the price you can pick up a half descent Firestorm for little money.

Some complain about the fuel consumption, but IMHO any one liter bike if ridden aggressively is not going to be that brilliant on fuel :!: OK some of the bang up to date fuel injected bikes will be better, but you'll need to dig a lot deeper into your pocket for one of those.

You really need to test ride one first if possible, as a big V twin does not suit everyone.

Chris.

PS. Oops nearly forgot, welcome aboard gt250x7 :!: :D
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Welcome! buy one and enjoy.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
queensburylad

Post by queensburylad »

Welcome to the site :twisted:
You will not be sorry with a firestorm or this forum to be honest. Goodluck in the search for your storm :wink:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Yellow :biggrin

Welcome :)
SP1's rock!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Another yellow welcome. :D

Get a decent long test ride, it takes some people a while to get used to not wringing its neck like an IL4 or two stroke.

And the handling's easy to tweak.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Soutie

Post by Soutie »

Howdy,

Whatever colour Storm you get, make sure its got loud pipes :twisted: :lol: