Warning shiny IL4 pictures ;-)

General Bike chat
Beamish

Warning shiny IL4 pictures ;-)

Post by Beamish »

Sorry but had to share these pictures (taken before ride out hence nay bug splatters) after a great hot tyre melter of a session :twisted:

I was hoping to meet up with a few of you but twas not to be.

I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Seeker 77

Re: Warning shiny IL4 pictures ;-)

Post by Seeker 77 »

Me likey likey!! :biggrin :biggrin
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

mellis wrote:Me likey likey!! :biggrin :biggrin

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
warby221

Post by warby221 »

show off
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Jim wasn't the only one out playing on his blade today :D

Was meant to go to Ireland today on the bike but a serious fcuk-up on my part meant it didn't happen. No worries, I'm going again in 3 weeks so a wee trip down to the south west corner of God's country kept me happy until then.

Portpatrick

This looked like just another farm until I spotted the huge, fcuk off ship being built in the back garden. If you look closely you can see an artic truck parked next to it for size comparison.

Parked up in Galloway forest.
Rich.

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Hey Rich! Hi-Jacking my post so you didnt look like a non stormer eh :lol: :lol: not on ...make your own IL4 posts :oops:

Tim mate, I didnt want to rub it in just thought I would spread the love 8) .
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Sorry, thought this was the firebladeriders site :oops:
Rich.

Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

8)
SP1's rock!
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Timbo wrote:On the american forums you get advice on bikes from kids not old enough to even touch the floor on a storm let alone ride one!! :whatever
I am somewhat in agreement with you on that one (so-called sportbikes are the domain of "squids" to a large degree in North America, a market dominated by "posercycles" like Harleys...*puke*). However, if you want good info on the VTR, have a look at the superhawkforum. Good bunch of helpful folks, and lots of knowledge too!
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

cool a new IL4 thread cheers beamish :D

my shiney new end can :twisted:

damm those loose baffle screws! fell out officer :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Hankie

Post by Hankie »

Seeing as how this is a not-a-VTR thread, here's my IL3 Tiger after replacing the dustbin with the Arrow can, sounds better now. Also got Pazzos on. Fitted a DV cam to the RH crash protector so I could play at makin movies, my first attempt at posting to YouTube is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki2fodKHECQ up the A537 to the Cat n Fiddle.

Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Like that Hankie. Very nice indeed :)
SP1's rock!
Hankie

Post by Hankie »

Yea Tim it's got ABS, just as well as the front brakes are very keen and I would have locked it up several times by now. Rear brake is carp though. I think the Remus cans look very good too and are cheaper, if the Arrow hadn't been offered as part of the deal I would not have bought it at £400 (!) Remus is near half that and sounds better I think and it's easier to get the baffles out. The Arrow is well made but not worth the asking. I have to admit the 'storm sounded much better than this Tiger.
Bloke on the Tiger1050 forum made the bash plate/sump guard for me, I don't do ally welding and he did a good job. What is really good is that I get >200miles out of a tank. The 'touring' screen on it is shite - noisy and wind batters you round the head, may as well use the shorter OEM screen as that. It's going on Ebay soon as I got an MRA vario screen coming tomorrow, it's actually shorter but better protection and quieter.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Any IL6s out there (CBX) :lol: :lol: Roll up and flaunt your non Storms :lol: :lol: Looks like you have all been waiting for a mug to come along :oops: Nice bike Hankie I thing the triples sound great.