OK I Been AWOL Twice.

General Biker Banter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

8O 8O 8O
I think all the good words of encouragement have already been Said Graeme And I'd just like to add I'm with them. We're here if you need us Bud. Tell the Mrs to keep fighting and wish her a speedy recovery from all of us.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

:D

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support :oops:

Like I said in the post - just an explanation really for anyone who'd wondered where I'd been, or gave a cr@p 8O

Seems I'm not the only one (didn't expect to be really) Tony mate, You've had some serious crap too, and to lose your job on top of it just takes the p1ss! My heart goes out to you matey it really does.

Kitch - only wish I'd had the chance to be poked and prodded by any(female) nurses, let alone young, good looking and more to the point obliging ones! Where's VTRG when you need her? (Don't think wor lass would approve though).

Well I still don't know about the licence haven't heard back from the DVLA yet - I'm hoping no news is good news! :roll:

Think my mate's finally turning the corner - ain't done sh1t about his drinking yet, but his sis and bruv in law are helping him sort his massive debts out which is a start.

Just look forward to some better luck, nice biking weather and meeting more of the brilliant members on this forum this year. :wink:

Off to put another 10 bob in the meter (that's 50p) :?
kevg

Re: OK I Been AWOL Twice.

Post by kevg »

How is it going with the sleep apnea, have you got your licence sorted out, what have they tried to do to help with it.
cheerz

kev
Tiny

Re:

Post by Tiny »

Ditto all the previous posts, i dont know you but if theres anything i can help you with (parts etc) just let me know.

Keep your chin up. :?
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hey Kev,

That was a suprise! - seeing this post back up :eek2

OSA is still there - thankfully the DVLA wrote back advising that as I was 'responding' to treatment I have no worries about my licence.
The other 'good' thing about it is that although you have to advise your insurance company about OSA, they are not allowed to load you for it.
Basically I get to sleep with a +ve air mask over my nose every night - very romantic - LOL At least we both get a good nights sleep, when it stays on all night, although I do still feel more tired than perhaps I should a lot of the time :? Next time I get checked out I'll ask the consultant about it.
By the way, no cheating either, the machine keeps a detailed record of all usage. Damn thing can even tell if the mask isn't 'sealed' right on your face!

Wor lass's year on Herceptin (post code lottery anti cancer treament ) finished a couple of weeks ago. She's well happy to have had the PICC line out of her arm after 18mths! Now she can have a shower without having to put a polythene sleeve on her arm :P
She's back in for another quick op on Monday 'augmentation' :biggrin phnarr phnarr then that's her done, apart from another 4 years on anti oestrogen tablets and check ups twice a year. Good riddance to the dreaded 'C' too!

My alcoholic mate - bloody long story, so I'll give the abridged version.
Basically declared bankrupt, that's 2 houses he's drunk! Helped move him out to 'sheltered' accomodation back end of last year - last I heard he was back on the booze and skanking everyone who still gave a toss for him, couple of mates and his sister.

He still lives in fookin cloud cuckoo land, for how much longer, who knows!

So all in all, life's pretty good at the moment in the RSV household - can't see it staying like that for long though LOL!

Things could be a whole lot worse - that's for damn sure!
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

Hey mate,
Dont know you pal but I can relate to a lot of what you have said, wont go into it but I will say hang in there mate it does ease with time, be strong, chin up and look after yourselves.

Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
kevg

Post by kevg »

good to hear things are on the up, you've all been through a hard time lately.

i think i might have sleep apnea, after reading your post i did some digging on wiki. nutty says i stop breathing on a regular basis for 15 - 20 seconds at a time, the noise of me starting breathing wakes her up again, lol. i'm also shattered most of the day like i've had no sleep, so its maybe time to go and get it checked out. sounds like the mask is working for you.
cheerz

kev
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Glad your missus is on the up Graeme, got to get together again for a ride out soon.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's good too hear Graeme that things are taking a turn for the better :!: Long may they continue :!: :D

Cheers,

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:D Different year, different story :D
Nice to hear things are a bit more positive.
Fingers crossed for the future.
:P
Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
warby221

Post by warby221 »

Good to see things are turning around a bit for yer m8
Could we see you at the next ride out then m8 if you can stay awake that is??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good new about your Mrs glad she’s on the mend
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Good to hear things have picked up Graeme :D

Hope to see you out and about at when I'm out at some point this summer :)
SP1's rock!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

THATS LIFE im afraid graeme..get urself over to cafe soon :wink: